Softpedia Editor's Review for F-Secure Internet Security
Protect your home or work PC with an easy-to-use antivirus and firewall product
Written by Elena Opris on November 26th, 2012
F-Secure Internet Security provides your computer with the protection it needs against viruses and other web-based threats.
During the installation process (which takes a long time), you can set up Parental Control in the browsing mode wizard, after which F-Secure downloads its updates.
Parental Control lets you filter web content for small children, teenagers, or both, limit the time that your young ones can browse the Internet, restrict the daily browsing time to specific hours, select which type of web content you want to block, and finally, create a parent password.
In the main window of F-Secure, you can view the status of your current protection level (computer, network connections, Internet), select tasks (scan, check for updates, restore a removed file or program, allow a program to start), and statistics (last successful update check, virus and spyware scanning, email scanning, programs, e-mail filtering).
Scanning can be done in three ways - a full computer can, a custom scan, or a scan for viruses and spyware. It takes a long time to complete (especially if you choose to scan the entire computer), and during this process you can observe the current target, as well as the number of scanned items (viruses, spyware, riskware and suspicious items).
Furthermore, F-Secure enables you to open a port through the firewall for a program, enter a name for the firewall rule, and the port number. You can also turn on real-time scanning, detect and remove viruses from emails, block tracking cookies, schedule scans, or configure manual scanning (scan only known file types, scan inside compressed files, use advanced heuristics).
The program uses minimum system memory, but other open applications run slower when F-Secure Internet Security is active.
All in all, this security tool takes care of your computer, without you having to put too much effort into it.
F-Secure Internet Security description
Here are some key features of "F-Secure Internet Security":
Protects your computer against viruses, worms and unknown attacks:
· With daily automatically updated virus protection from the world-renowned Data Security Laboratory of F-Secure and the new F-Secure DeepGuard technology that protects you against zero-day attacks and other future threats, you can safely use your computer, now and tomorrow.
Detects and removes spyware from your computer:
· F-Secure Internet Security detects and removes secretly installed software from your computer better than ever before, ensuring that your system is running smoothly and clean of spyware.
Protects your computer against hackers:
· You can keep your private data to yourself with the personal firewall that stops hackers from breaking into your computer.
Helps you stay free from spam e-mail and phishing attempts:
· F-Secure Internet Security filters unwanted spam and e-mail schemes designed to steal your private information.
Protects your children against unwanted Internet content:
· F-Secure Internet Security ensures that your children or teenagers do not enter objectionable sites or surf the Internet when you are not around.
· Processor: Minimum Intel Pentium III 600MHz
· Memory: Minimum 256 MB (512MB recommended)
· Disk Space: Maximum 600MB during installation
· Browser: Minimum Internet Explorer 6.0
· Internet Connection
· 30-day trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
New: Banking Protection:
· As cybercriminals continue to develop more and more sophisticated financial malware, F-Secure is using its security expertise to protect consumers’ bank accounts. Banking Protection, a new feature of F-Secure’s Internet Security 2013 and an add-on to operator-provided Safe Anywhere PC, is especially designed to protect consumers’ online banking sessions from malicious attacks.
| ||Softpedia guarantees that F-Secure Internet Security 2013 12.71 Build 102 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |