Softpedia Editor's Review for Multi Virus Cleaner
A handy app to clean your PC of malware
Written by Bogdan Popa on August 1st, 2012
There's no doubt every computer out there needs a full-time antivirus solution to keep malware at bay, but when it comes to removing malicious files that are already on the system, things can get a bit more more complicated.
Multi Virus Cleaner is one of the apps that could assist you when it comes to getting of specific dangerous files. This application comes with a powerful detection engine that targets the most popular threats out there and this can make it less reliable when it comes to finding the most recent viruses.
You can successfully use Multi Virus Cleaner to get rid of baddies like Bagle, Blaster, Klez, MyDoom, Netsky, Sasser, Sobig, Welchia or Zafi, just to name a few.
The software has a nice and clean interface, providing four different scan modes, as it follows: quick scan, full scan, deep scan and custom scan to let you check just a specific area of your computer. Plus, it gives you the option of scanning the memory and also have the app look for spyware files.
Multi Virus Cleaner is quite OK when it comes to system resource usage, but when running a deep scan with the extra options enabled, we noticed a rather high load on the test computer.
All things considered, Multi Virus Cleaner can be a great helper if you find yourself struggling to eliminate malware threats difficult to remove by other antivirus products. The program is very easy to use and works pretty fast as well so it is well suited for all user categories..
Multi Virus Cleaner description
· Processor 400 Mhz
· 128 MB RAM
· SVGA 800x600 display
· 256 colors
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· 7th-generation real-time behavioral analysis engine
· which quickly detects harmful programs, like viruses, worms, and spyware
· New threat analysis engine
· VirusKeeper 2007 comes with a new analysis engine that is faster and more efficient.
· It provides new detection methods to help catch new threats.
· Improved spyware detection
· VirusKeeper detects spyware programs.
· VirusKeeper also protects critical system resources.
· Real-time process analysis
· VirusKeeper 2007 identifies all programs running in memory.
· It detects maliciousprograms and neutralizes them.
· ProcessWatch II, a tool for detecting the most virulent viruses
· VirusKeeper 2007 now includes the ProcessWatch II tool that detects all programs loaded in memory. The user can view the properties of any running process (file name, location, size, dlls used) and can stop it.
· The new ProcessWatch II show all components added to the browser (tool bar, etc ...) and identifies all programs started on Windows start-up.
· Internet Expl...
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to download or install software or components (such as browser toolbars) that the program does not require to fully function