Norman Virus Control 5.99
A collection of anti-virus programs and utilities that protects your workstations and servers
If virus behavior is detected and confirmed, Norman will prevent the virus from spreading and causing harm to your system. This unique technology brings protection against viruses, worms and Trojans to new levels, by identifying and stopping malware during the period of time when a new virus begins to circulate before pattern files are available. This goes far beyond how other products can protect you against new virus threats.
Norman Virus Control performs both on-access and on-demand scans. This means data and files are scanned as they come into your system, and as you use them, while you can also initiate scans on individual files or your entire system at any time. Norman Virus Control also scans incoming and outgoing e-mail traffic, as well as postings to newsgroups. And if a virus is identified, in most cases the product will remove the virus and clean your files without requiring you to do anything.
With Norman Virus Control you also get a useful attachment blocking functionality that is easy to manage and configure.
Then add Norman Internet Update, an automatic Internet update mechanism that ensures that your Norman Virus Control installation is always up-to-date, including incremental updates of definition files, makes Norman Virus Control the obvious choice for particular users that require real protection from computer malware.
- On-access and On-demand scanning of files
- Norman SandBox II - revolutionary way to detect new and unknown malware
- Automatic updates over the Internet - complete product and incremental updates of definition files
- Proactive email and newsgroup scanning
Norman Virus Control
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- To save memory usage and improve perfomance a 'scan service' (Nsesvc.exe) is introduced with this version. In previous versions, each scanner host (On-demand and On-access scanner, Internet Protection) would load its own instance of the scanning engine (NSE). The scan service ensures that all hosts share one instance of NSE. The service is totally transparent. The scan service is documented in this white paper.
- Updated Sandbox with improved detection of tough packers. Sandbox is Norman's technology for proactive detection of new malware.
- Decompression library support for RAR3.
- Support for all Windows 2008 Server additions (except Core).