Norton 360 Netbook Edition description
Ultimate performance and protection against digital dangers
Provides unprecedented and unmatched threat detection — Norton reputation service technology scrutinizes different attributes of files and applications in real-time to determine if they are safe. Norton 360 Netbook Edition will add an optimized layer of protection when it comes to detecting viruses, trojan horses, spyware, or any other type of danger.
Here are some key features of "Norton 360 Netbook Edition":
· Warns you of dangerous downloads — Analyzes newly downloaded files and applications for threats before you install or run them on your netbook.
· Helps you improve and maintain PC and application performance — Identifies applications that may be impacting your netbook’s performance, making it easier to keep it running at its best.
· Lets you access backed up files over the Web — Allows you to retrieve and restore files that you backed up online anytime, anywhere, from virtually any computer with Internet access.
· Offers secure login to web sites — Automatically stores your logins and passwords so you can sign into sites with a single click. Blocks keystroke loggers and other spyware that can steal your information.
· Protects your identity when you buy, bank or browse online — Validates authentic sites and identifies fraudulent sites to protect you from “phishing.”
· Scans only files at risk for shorter, faster scans — Uses our industry-leading online intelligence system to identify files at risk and quickly and accurately scans only those files for improved scanning performance.
· Makes online shopping safer — Warns you of unsafe websites right in your search results before you provide any personal information to a potentially dangerous site.
· Keeps spam out of your mailbox —Blocks unwanted and possibly dangerous emails from your inbox.
· Protects your important files from loss — Automatically backs up files either locally (to disc or other storage device) or online when your netbook is idle.
· Reduces PC start-up time — Gets your PC up and running faster by allowing you to prioritize and stagger your start-up applications.
· Delivers fast, light protection optimized for netbook PCs – Guards your netbook against all kinds of cyber-threats without slowing you down or swallowing up netbook resources.
· Protects your netbook PC, online activities and your identity — Delivers industry-leading, all-in-one protection against identity theft, online fraud, phishing, viruses, Trojans, bots, rootkits, spyware, and the latest cyber-threats.
· Conserves battery power when you’re on the move — Netbook Mode extends on-the-go battery life by putting off non-critical tasks until your netbook is plugged in.
· Supports netbook displays — Provides support for 800x480 screen resolution and 1024x576 screen handling.
· Makes social networking safer — Scans and removes threats from IMs. Stops hackers from stealing your log-ins and passwords. Blocks threats that attempt to download to your netbook when you surf the web or visit social networking sites.
· Secures connections to public Wi-Fi hotspots — Automatically conceals and increases the security settings on your netbook when you connect to public Wi-Fi networks.
· Delivers up to the minute virus protection — Provides automatic updates every 5 to 15 minutes to help ensure you’re protected from new threats. Updates happen quietly in the background so you get continuous protection that won’t get in your way.
· Includes 2 GB of secured online storage at no extra cost — You’ll have plenty of space to backup digital photos and other important files. Plus, you have the option to purchase additional storage if you need it.
· Keeps your netbook running like new — Deletes unnecessary files, defrags your hard drive, fixes common problems, and tunes up your netbook to keep it running at peak performance.
· 300 MHz or faster processor
· 256 MB of RAM (512 MB recommended)
· 300 MB of available hard disk space
· Must meet minimum operating system requirements for Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/Win7
· Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher, or Mozilla Firefox 3.0 or higher
· Internet connection (a high-speed connection is required for online backup)