Norton Security with Backup 188.8.131.52
Add it to your Download Basket!
Add it to your Watch List!
What's new in Norton Security with Backup 184.108.40.206 Beta:
- Significant changes and improvements in a few key areas:
- Security is moving to the cloud, resulting in reduced on-disk definition size and real-time access to the Symantec Global Intelligence Network
- The company’s multi-layered approach to security is upgraded at every level to better protect against threats that go beyond the scope of basic antivirus
- New look and feel make it easy for users to access product features and manage protection across devices including laptops, tablets and smartphones
malware send us
- LICENSE TYPE:
- FILE SIZE:
- 116 MB
- OUR RATING:
- DEVELOPED BY:
- USER RATING:
- C: \ Antivirus
PART OF: Spam Blocker download hub ( + 1 other )see alternatives
Other editions of the program are on sale:
· 44% OFF Norton Security with Backup 2 year subscription – Canada (French)
· 44% OFF Norton Security with Backup 2 year subscription – Canada
You can also buy localized versions of Norton Security with Backup (1-year subscription) with a discount:
· 31% OFF Norton 360 (Norton Security with Backup) – Australia - with coupon code AUN36040
· 31% OFF Norton 360 (Norton Security with Backup) – New Zealand - with coupon code NZN36040
· 22% OFF Norton Security with Backup – Canada (French)
· 22% OFF Norton Security with Backup – Canada
· 10% OFF Norton Security with Backup - Latin America, with coupon code LAM10
Formerly known as Norton 360, Norton Security with Backup represents Symantec's top-of-the-line antivirus solution designed to safeguard the PC against all kinds of Internet-based attacks. In comparison with Norton Security, this version adds a backup feature that allows users to regularly copy files and upload them to a secure location.
Rapid installation and clear-cut interfaceThe setup procedure is a fast and easy job that does not need customization. When it comes to the interface, Norton is wrapped in an elegant window with a neatly organized structure that provides immediate access to the main components, grouped together into the Security, Identity, Backup and Performance areas.
Secure the PC by running multiple scans and configuring settingsNorton features various scan modes that enable users to quickly examine key areas, thoroughly check the entire computer, search only in custom-defined areas, scan the Facebook Wall for suspicious activity in exchanged links, determine which files need to be scanned via Norton Insight, as well as create diagnostic reports and resolve difficult malware scenarios using Norton Power Eraser.
Users have the possibility of tinkering with advanced settings when it comes to boot and real-time protection, along with the av behavior (e.g. compressed files, heuristics, tracking cookies, network drives), not to mention automatic updates and anti-spyware protection.
Protect user identity by keeping data securedNorton features an Identity Safe that collects all private information into one place, a tool that randomly generates secure passwords based on user-defined rules, along with a function to safely navigate the Internet using an engine powered by Ask.com to always be aware of trustworthy and suspicious websites. When it comes to ID settings, it is possible to tinker with settings pertaining to anti-phishing, malicious webpage blocking, and more.
Boost PC performance and back up filesThe computer's overall performance can be maximized by defragging the disk, removing junk or unnecessary files (e.g. IE and Windows temporary files), managing autostart entries, and monitoring important events in graphs.
The backup feature can be customized in terms of files to backup, output location and schedule. Multiple configuration sets can be created to keep track of multiple backup jobs at the same time. It is possible to include pictures, music, financial files, video, Microsoft Office docs, emails, contacts, Internet Favorites and other file types, aside from user-defined objects. Files can be stored online via a Norton service or to another drive or disc.
Performance and conclusionNorton has always been a user favorite when it comes to antivirus solutions. The new Norton Security with Backup does not disappoint, since the backup feature offers advanced, yet intuitive settings to users who want to store their important files in a safe location. Paired with the fact that the tool delivers good results concerning malware detection ratio, real-time shield responsiveness, scan speed and resources consumption, users should at least give Norton Security with Backup a shot and see what it's all about.
Norton Security with Backup was reviewed by Elena Opris, last updated on September 25th, 2014
Runs on: Windows XP / Vista / Vista 64 bit / 7 / 7 64 bit / 8 / 8 64 bit
feature list requirements limitations