Softpedia Editor's Review for PestPatrol
A software which detects spyware, trojans, worms, spoofers, droppers, probe tools, mail bombers,etc
Written by Elena Opris on November 15th, 2012
Read an in-depth analysis in our professional review for PestPatrol
Keeping your operating environment protected against the many threats lurking in many corners of the World Wide Web is a task for more than one security programs. Dedicated tools are available for targeting specific malware and PestPatrol is one of them. This anti-spyware software picks up where the antivirus left off.
This utility detects and removes spyware, worms, trojans, droppers, probe tools, and many others. The application's interface is easy to navigate through, for both rookies and power users.
Scanning options include a standard scan (quickly scans locations where malicious agents typically hide), and a custom scan (performs the standard scan but in addition it will scan the partitions and folders you have selected).
The standard scan also analyzes the computer's memory and cookies, as well as registry entries. Additionally, a scan history shows the last time and date when PestPatrol performed a scan, as well as the number of previously detected pests and items.
Our tests could only be made on the standard scan, but even so we found that PestPatrol finishes the job extremely fast, and offers users the possibility to exclude or quarantine any threat it identifies.
In Advanced Settings you can configure the update options, prevalence options and sounds, as well as manage quarantined pests (they can be either deleted or restored), excluded pests and log settings.
To conclude, it's safe to say that this software provides a welcomed supplemental layer of security to your system. PestPatrol is very easy to use and configure so it is most suitable for less experienced and expert users alike.
Here are some key features of "PestPatrol":
· Comprehensive Spyware Detection and Removal- Provides complete protection against spyware, adware, keyloggers, Remote Access Trojans (RATs), and browser hijackers
· Real-time Protection - Proactively protects your PCs against new spyware threats
· Active Protection - Kills active pests in memory and zaps spyware cookies before they can phone home about you
· Automatic Updates - Makes sure you're always covered against the latest spyware threats
· Detailed Scan Results - Delivers the specific threat level of any pest found, and allows you to link to our pest database for more information
· Security you can Trust - Your security is backed by the industry's largest research team, the CA Security Advisory Team
· Limited functionality
· Nag screens