Dr.Explain is a software that will help you to create CHM help files, HTML on-line manuals and printable manuals in RTF and PDF formats.
Using its unique auto capture and annotation technology, developers can document their software interfaces almost hands down.
When set to work, Dr.Explain parses a live application and automatically produces screenshots of its windows along with a sequence of callouts for each window control. Users only have to add some description to each callout as needed.
Dr.Explain is ideal for software developers, ISV, micro ISV and technical writers. It handles all the complexities of help formatting and generation, allowing them to concentrate on pure writing.
This saves them days that would otherwise be wasted. Dr.Explain is also great to keep help documentation in sync with software updates. Since all data is stored in a single source file, developers can easily edit or update any portion of an existing file.
In doing this, they are not required to rearrange the entire help or generate a new file. Developers will also benefit from the opportunity to customize the appearance of their help file to make it match their corporate style.
They can customize its visual elements, menus and page layout. On top of all this is an affordable price, which is lower than with the majority of other software documentation tools.
Here are some key features of "Dr.Explain":
· Capture a window with a cursor.
· Dr.Explain will enumerate the window's controls and will add callouts to each control.
· Just add some descriptive text and press Export button to create neat HTML
· 1GHz CPU
· 512 MB RAM
· 150 MB of free space on HDD
· All output images are watermarked.
· Some productivity boost functions are also locked such as Validation and Compacting tools, Topic statuses, Command line mode and Google sitemap generator.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Features all the fixes and enhancements included in the previous Beta versions