Softpedia Editor's Review for Label Maker Pro
Design and print address labels, envelopes and more from Excel, Access files
Written by Gabriela Vatu on March 22nd, 2013
If you are often required to print various types of labels, cards, flyers, postcards or even envelopes, it might be best to have a program on-hand to help with everything. Label Maker Pro is a nice app that was designed to make your life easier.
The program has a simple interface that should be easy to figure out by all users.
As mentioned, Label Maker Pro can print a wide variety of labels. While some templates are available for easy-access, new files can be made from scratch. When you start a new project, you must select a template (or none for building the label on your own), as well as one of the backgrounds and the publication size.
The templates are placed under several categories, such as Address/Shipping label, name badge, envelope, postcard, letterhead, flyer or sign.
You may adjust the project to the smallest details. For instance, you may edit the text, choose its position, vertical and horizontal alignment. Some font options are also available; you may choose the font, the style, size and color, as well as any effects (strikeout or underline).
Furthermore, various shapes can be inserted in the files, such as rectangles, circles, arrows and even talk-bubbles.
All in all, Label Maker Pro is a nice tool that can be fun to work with. Inexperienced users should find the program easy to handle, thanks to the intuitive layout and its overall simplicity.
Label Maker Pro description
Here are some key features of "Label Maker Pro":
· Quick and Easy Design: Use our easy-to-use software to create and print your labels, letterheads and more. Choose from readymade templates, insert your text and print. It's that easy!!
· Link to you data files: You can add text that can be linked to your database files. So you can create address label, or name badges, or postcards with different customer data on each of them. Currently supported databases are Microsoft Access Database(.mdb), csv, tab and any delimited text files. We are working on to support SQL Server and other databases.
· Use your own clip-arts, logos: We supply you with many graphics that you can use, but don't think that it is all you can use. Get your logo, clip-art and design the perfect letterhead or envelope you want.
· Choose publish type: With this application you can have many different printing types: Address Labels, Shipping label, Letterheads, Postcards, Postcards, Envelopes. More to come later.
· Use templates and graphics: Don't know how to start the layout of your printing work? Use our templates, background and clip-arts to start with easily. Simple to use yet so powerful!
· Convenient Design tools: Draw rectangle/triangle/circle or use freehand lines and shapes to create professional designs.
· Stunning Background: Use the supplied backgrounds or use your own. Anything is possible and is easy.
· Use Color blends: This is a unique feature of this software. You can now have a color blend the way you want, the control is in your hand. Remember, this is not a static background image, but a filled shape whose color-blend and texture you control completely." Possibilities are endless!
· Supports any printing papers: Supports all standard papers from Avery and other suppliers. You can choose your own document and sheet size.
· Cut-Copy-Paste: Offers cut-copy-paste functionality for all the design elements. You can also copy-paste texts and images from other applications.
· Undo/Redo: Supports Undo/Redo.
· Align/Rorate: You can align the selected elements to the right, left, top or bottom, or can rotate them to any desired angle.
· 32 MB of RAM
· 20 MB of hard drive space
· Watermark on the output file
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added linked image and label counter features.
· Supports office 2007 and Vista.
| ||Softpedia guarantees that Label Maker Pro 3.2.1 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |