Softpedia Editor's Review for ID Flow Standard
Print photo id card, name badge, visitor pass, security badge
Written by Mihaela Citea on December 27th, 2011
Designed for both small and large enterprises, ID Flow provides users with professional tools for designing photo ID cards. Among its advantages you can find flexibility and productivity, as it can automatically generate customized ID cards.
ID Flow is capable to manage information, including name, ID number, birth date, department and function. You can use the predefined ID card template or edit it according to your preferences and needs.
If you choose to modify an existing template, the program opens the ID-Flow – Designer window, which can be used to add texts, logos, signatures, barcodes or magnetic stripes, allowing you to create your own custom ID card.
One of the most useful features of the program is enabling the user to capture images on the spot. You just have to select the capture device and have a photo taken for the badge you are about to create.
By using ID-Flow, you can issue an ID card in just three simple steps: first, you have to input the personal data, then browse for a picture and at the end, print it. This program offers the possibility to create different types of ID cards for many kinds of groups: employees, university, contractor, healthcare, club, government, student. Each of these groups incorporates a card design, a cardholder database and reporting options.
In order to secure your output files, ID Flow can assign a digital key for encrypting, thus not allowing the use of the cards outside the institution. Optionally, you may choose to overlay the document with a personalized watermark to display upon the printed badges.
Business managers can monitor their ID database by accessing the Report Center section. Here you can automatically generate logs and reports of the existing entries, as well as different types of charts. In addition to this, if you need to find a certain category of cardholders, you can perform a database query and view the filtered records.
Creating ID cards can be an important investment for a company or institution, but ID Flow generates professional-looking cards easy and fast.
ID Flow Standard description
Here are some key features of "ID Flow Standard":
Professional Design Tools:
· Add text, logos, graphics, photos, signatures, biometrics
· Add serial numbers, date / time, other custom data
· Add record data from a database
· Add data to be entered by the user at print-time
· Automatic positioning, alignment and resizing tools
· Organize design using layers
· Create transparency effects
· Fill shapes with gradients and patterns
· Print text and images in the UV layer
Database Record Management:
· ID Flow's open database architecture allows for seamless, real-time integration with existing HR systems and 3rd party databases. Several pre-configured databases are included.
· Connect to any database
· Add, update, delete, search records
· Import / Export records including photos
· Pre-configured databases included
Photo, Signature and Biometrics Capture:
· Use any TWAIN / WIA webcam or digital camera
· Crop and enhance photos
· Capture signature using a signature pad
· Capture fingerprint using a fingerprint scanner
· Capture biometrics using a supported scanner
· Save captured data to record or save as files
Barcode, Magnetic Stripe and Chip Encoding:
· Add one or more 1D and 2D barcodes to the card design
· More than 20 barcode formats supported
· Encode LoCo or HiCo magnetic stripes
· Encode smart cards
· Encode data from database or entered by user at print-time
Standard and Custom Card Sizes:
· Use the Report Center to view cardholder activity in detailed logs, reports and charts.
· Design standard compliant cards
· Create custom sized cards of any size and shape
· Hundreds of pre-configured plastic and paper card templates included
· Use any card printer including Evolis, Zebra, Fargo, Datacard and more
· Enroll new cardholders and print cards using step-by-step guided tasks
· Customizable data entry screens
· Arrange fields, change colors and fonts using drag-and-drop tools
· Create drop-down lists for accurate data entry
· Set default values and auto-format text
· Locate, update and print existing records
· View detailed print and usage reports in the Report Center
· Update or print multiple records at once
· Limit access with user login accounts with configurable permissions
· Pentium III or faster
· 500 MB RAM
· 80 MB free hard disk space
· 30 days trial
· Uninterrupted usage for 20 minutes, then you need to wait for 2 minutes
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New step-by-step cardholder enrollment wizard
· Designed for both self-enrollment and attended modes
· New Report Center offering improved logs
· New Record Center for power-users
· Simplified product configuration
· Available in 11 languages
· New Cardholder Enrollment Features
· Visitor registration is a configurable, step-by-step process with detailed instructions included on each step.
· Run in self-enrollment (kiosk) or attended mode
· Scan driver's license or government ID card
· Take the cardholder's photo
· Capture the cardholder's signature
· Scan the cardholder's fingerprint
· Automatically print a badge after enrollment
· New Cardholder Record Lookup Features
· Quickly lookup enrolled cardholder records and perform common tasks.
· Lookup cardholder record by ID number or personal information
· Issue or re-issue ID card
· Update record information
· View cardholder history
· New Report Center
· The new Report Center provides detailed information on cardholders, locations and ...
| ||Softpedia guarantees that ID Flow Standard 6.0.83 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |