Softpedia Editor's Review for Ashampoo Cover Studio [ DISCOUNT: 30% OFF! ]
The easiest way to create cool disc labels, covers and booklets
Written by Bogdan Popa on January 14th, 2013
Ashampoo Cover Studio is an advanced software solution that allows users to design and print covers for CDs and DVDs, Blu-ray cases and booklets. Furthermore, one can always turn to this app to fully take advantage of their LightScribe burner to directly label a certain disc after they have finished the design process.
Although this may sound a little complicated, the software's interface is very user-friendly and easy to understand. The entire designing process has been developed as a wizard, so the user is guided through each step so that nothing can go wrong: first of all, the cover format and the content need to be specified.
Those who do not want to start a drawing from scratch can choose one of the built-in templates, thus reducing the whole process to just a matter of mouse clicks. All one needs to do next is to configure the customizable elements and enter the text and, if one wishes, to replace the background photos.
Moreover, Ashampoo Cover Studio does not require a lot of computer resources, therefore almost any computer that is capable of running Windows can support this program as well.
One may also need an active Internet connection in order to take full advantage of the dedicated tools meant to facilitate image downloading or finding relevant pictures on the web.
To sum it up, Ashampoo Cover Studio makes it very easy to design a new cover, be it based on an integrated template or creating it from the ground up.
Ashampoo Cover Studio [ DISCOUNT: 30% OFF! ] description
Here are some key features of "Ashampoo Cover Studio [ DISCOUNT: 30% OFF! ]":
· Print beautiful discs, labels, covers and booklets fast
· Guides you on every step of the way
· Label discs directly with LightScribe burners
· Save your own designs as reusable templates
· Scan CDs and covers right into the editor
· Use images directly from the Internet
· Calibrate the printer once only with auto-save
· Improved editor with many new features
· Free rotation of objects and text
· New themes (ready-to-use designs)
· Computer: Any computer that runs one of the above operating systems at a reasonable speed, graphic adapter min.resolution 800 x 600 and 16-bit High color, CD/DVD/BD-Writer and Printer recommended
· CPU: 1200 MHz (or higher) x86 CPU
· RAM: 256 MB RAM, Recommended for best performance: 512MB RAM or more.
· Hard Drive Space: 30 MB
· 10 days trial
· Nag Screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improved template handling
· Additional scanner compatibility
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to download or install software or components (MyAshampoo Toolbar) that the program does not require to fully function