Book Writer is for creative writers, not businesses. Manage your writing projects to write anything faster, better, easier. Work with one file in a project or many.
Keep records on people, places, events, and notes to have your research right beside your writings. Import Word or Wordperfect files to escape word processing for business. Book Writer omits features for business, such as mail merge and team development, and gives you an environment for creative writing.
Use the Project Commander to handle multiple chapters, papers, etc., and when you don't need project management, use just the editors--made for writers--to work on one or more files.
The project management and the built-in database collect all your writings and records in a single place to keep you from losing time and concentration in the scattered details of Windows. For an easy file management you can copy, move, pack or search your writings and files at once.
Replace words in all files at once for quick editing. Find words even if they are misspelled. Instantly find all the lines in your project where you mentioned a particular name, or any word, and move from file to file, line to line by clicking on search results. Project indexing lets you find any word in all files instantly.
With Active Thesaurus, double click a word to check dictionary and thesaurus listings quickly. Open all your files together with one click. Merge all or selected files into a finished ma
Here are some key features of "Book Writer":
· Organize the chapters or files of your writings into one or more visual projects to get your writings out of computer space and, as it were, into your hands in front of you.
· Use titles in your project instead of system file names to identify the parts of your writings.
· Open, copy, or move files by clicking on titles in a project's tree diagram.
· Copy or move all files in a project by dragging and dropping just the project's name in its tree diagram.
· Search all files in your project at once.
· Find anything inside the files on your disks.
· Find misspelled words, alternate spellings, and typo-ed words.
· Replace names or words inside all files in a project, creating backups of the originals automatically.
· Index every word in your project's files to see every place a name or word occurs.
· Jump from file to file with a single click to see found or indexed words in various files.
· Book Writer™ includes a spelling checker, dictionary, and thesaurus, all of which support both US and UK English.
· Zip all files in your project automatically.
· Open all files in your project with a single click.
· Using the rich text format (files ending in ".rtf"), import or export files to any other word processor in Windows.
· Use Book Writer™ as a word editor without using its project management. Click on just one button to turn off the Project Commander and use Book Writer™ as you would other editors (or word processors).
· 16MB disk space
· 64MB RAM
· 21-day trial
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added: Option to set a default zoom percentage for editors.
· Added: Option to start Open and Save As dialogs in last folders accessed.
· Changed: Minor procedures in the install and uninstall operations.
· Changed: Minor items for improved use in Windows 7.