Help Creator is a free software that will allow you to create Windows Help (.hlp) files.
Help Creator is especially useful to programmers who are looking for an easy way to create windows help files for their applications.
Here are some key features of "Help Creator":
· Creates Windows Help .hlp files.
· Final .hlp file can be compressed to save space.
· Application utilizes a nearly WYSIWYG interface (images and links are shown as text while editing).
· Handles font changes (font face, size, color, bold, italic, etc).
· Handles other standard editing functions cut/copy/paste, left/right/center align, etc.
· Supports creation of any number of pages for the help file.
· Supports standard .bmp images (not run-length encoded bitmaps).
· Supports links to pages within help file, pop-up links within help file, external URLs, and external e-mail addresses.
· Pages support context id (for linking via context sensitive applications), and keywords for the help file index.
· Supports creation of Table of Contents file.
· Also exports to rich text file (.rtf), text file (.txt), or html files (.html).
· Includes full help file (written with Help Creator) which includes a quick tutorial.