CreateInstall offers an excellent scalable all round deployment solution for software development authors even if you are just looking for a simple, once off, box standard "setup.exe" installation.
The resulting "setup.exe" installation file, is very simple to generate, and the combined compressed resulting file carry's a tiny overhead which is also very portable across the windows range of platforms.
CreateInstall includes a set of highly customizable wizards, making single and multi-projects easy to construct, manage and enhance.
You can start with the basic product using the wizards and advanced your installations based on an English style functionality driven Gentee programming language which shares some similarities in syntax with C or php.
Here are some key features of "CreateInstall":
· Two compression algorithms, one to perfectly compress and the other to quickly unpack
· Inclusion of your own logos and graphics
· Function for creating multilingual installation packages
· Password protection and encryption of packed files
· A range of dialog boxes: license, readme, installation path, etc
· In addition to unpacking, a file copy function (ie from a CD/DVD)
· Option to write values to the Registry and INI files
· ActiveX, font and extension registration
· Shortcut creation in any location
· Running of additional programs
· Visual Basic and DAO run-time packages
· Uninstall program creation
· Creation of installation packages from the command line and supporting external preprocess macros
· 8 MB RAM
· 30 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Command Decompress 7z file.
· Command Replace Text.
· Predefined variable originaluser. The name of the user, who launched the installation. If the user doesn't have administrator rights, this name is different from "username".
· Command Get Application Information. MS Access was added.
· All Registry commands. If HKEY_CURRENT_USER is specified then HKEY_CURRENT_USER of original user is used.
· New features for the command Global Environment - Set Value.