Deploying any kind of software application is one of the most complex tasks you face as a developer. It's difficult to prepare an application correctly for installation on every possible system configuration and provide deployment options.
SetupBuilder offers the full set of the features you need to quickly build bulletproof setups and updates for Windows. SetupBuilder is the most powerful Windows software deployment solution in the world.
It has become the preferred choice of developers worldwide by delivering an ideal mix of power, ease of use, and functionality.
SetupBuilder Professional Edition is an easy-to-use, script-based installation tool that quickly builds basic and reliable installs for Windows platforms. SetupBuilder Professional includes a delta patch feature, for creating compact installation patches to update older versions of applications, and many other advanced features, including the intuitive Visualizers, built-in DLL and Windows API calling, and a script editor.
As rapid application development (RAD) tools have become commonplace, simplifying the development process and reducing project life cycles, the ability to create smooth, efficient applications in less time often means needing to deploy them just as quickly.
All in all, this software is a powerful and flexible solution for all those who need an intuitive script-based setup creator.
Here are some key features of "SetupBuilder Professional Edition":
Integrated Development Environment (IDE):
· SetupBuilder provides a task-based IDE. Even those who have never programmed an installation before can develop one in less than ten minutes. Context-sensitive help is embedded at every step.
· The intuitive interface, called Visualizer, is a wizard-based series of screens that walk the developer through the installation authoring process.
Powerful Scripting Facility:
· With over 500 predefined setup-related functionsand options, the point-and-click SetupScript language gives you flexibility in any part of the installation, including user dialog sequence, file transfer, error handling, reboot, and even uninstallation.
Ultra Compact and Fast Installer Engine:
· No matter how fast your Net connection is, bandwidth is a precious resource. SetupBuilder has always been the industry-leader in low-overhead, high-performance software installers and we are committed to staying leaps ahead of the competition. Compare our tiny ~160 KB runtime overhead (including uninstall) to the competition and see for yourself.
Delta Updates (Binary Patching):
· Create industry-standard byte-level patch installations to distribute repairs and updates. That makes product improvements, beta testing and bug fixes a whole lot easier.
Password Protected Installs:
· The author of an installation can incorporate one or more passwords for the installation. The user would be required to enter a password for the installation to complete.
"Include" Scripts Support:
· Organize your scripts and make them modular. This feature lets the active script include the entire contents of another script file. The SetupScript language is based on the concept that the core language may be extended or expanded by writing include scripts. Programmers have access to the source code and can alter it to fit their unique needs.
Launch Extension Scripts or Files:
· Extend your installation's capabilities by using VBScript, EXE, MSI, or functions in DLL files.
· API Calling gives you the ability to call Windows API or custom DLLs from your installation script without writing C code.
Import Registry Settings:
· Rather than typing tedious registry settings by hand, you can now import registry files (*.reg) into your installation.
· You cannot distribute any setup created with the unregistered version
· The setups you create will disable themselves after 14 days
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· FEATURE: Add support for the Windows 8 tile-based Start Screen. The "Not pinned to the Win8 Start Screen" Shortcut option lets you prevent the desktop app's tile from being automatically pinned as a shortcut to the Start Screen when it is installed for the first time.
· FEATURE: Support an enhanced stub loader technology to ensure that the SetupBuilder produced .EXE applications have been built in compliance with Microsoft's Security Development Lifecycle (SDL) requirements and recommendations. The new stub loader is compatible with the Windows Data Execution Prevention feature, has Safe Exception Handlers and can be randomly rebased at load time by using the address space layout randomization (ASLR) feature of Windows Vista+. As a result, SetupBuilder 8 produced installation and uninstall files, the standard Web Update clients and helper tools no longer give Windows 8 'Desktop App' Windows App Certification warnings. The loader technology is backward compatible with Windows 9.x, NT...