Softpedia Editor's Review for Express Burn
Burn audio, video and data to disc
Written by Bogdan Popa on May 9th, 2012
Read an in-depth analysis in our professional review for Express Burn
The CD/DVD burning software category includes a lot of powerful, complex utilities but there are some programs that are smaller in size even if they can perform the same tasks as their larger counterparts.
Express Burn is one of the best examples, as this particular application has been developed from the ground-up as a replacement for Nero's burning software. It bundles several features, most of which are dedicated to creating compilations and disc writing.
The interface is very clean and easy to use thanks to the fact that all the functions are nicely organized in the main window. This means that you can almost instantly choose which type of CD or DVD you wish to create with Express Burn.
This software is the kind of tool that enables you to do basically everything with an empty disc, so you can easily create audio or data CDs, video or data DVDs, burn or create images or copy discs on the fly. A great feature of Express Burn is the support for Blu-ray discs.
While testing the application we noticed that the burning process was accomplished pretty fast and without errors. The tools that come to support almost every task are also easy to use and suited even for the less experienced users.
All things considered, Express Burn is a very good burning solution that will surely help anyone create any type of compilation and burn the data to disc with minimal effort. The feature pack is quite solid and, given it ease of use, the software could be one of the first choices.
Express Burn description
Here are some key features of "Express Burn":
· Create data DVDs (perfect for backup);
· Create video DVDs (for your computer or DVD players);
· Supports multisession recording;
· Burn Blu-ray data and video discs ;
· Video files will be re-encoded and made in to a standard DVD Movie disc;
· Manage chapters;
· Choice of widescreen or standard formats for video dvd authoring;
· Record video files to PAL or NTSC ;
· Burn ISO compliant data DVDs and Blue-ray discs (DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, BD-R, BD-RE, BD-R DL, BD-RE DL).
· CD-ROM drive which supports recording
· For DVDs, a DVD-ROM drive which supports recording
· For Blu-ray Discs, a BD-ROM drive which supports recording
· Express Burn comes with a 14 day trial for DVD and Blu-Ray burning features. After that time you may continue to use the CD burning features for non-commercial use for as long as you want.
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Updates to interface functions
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to download or install software or components that the program does not require to fully function