Softpedia Editor's Review for Free CD DVD Burner
Burn data/video discs, RIP audio CD, erase disc, create burn and grab ISO images
Written by Bogdan Popa on June 7th, 2012
Free CD DVD Burner is a freeware Windows burning solution that comes with a great pack of features, including data, audio and video disc support.
It all begins with a minimal screen that lets you choose the type of project you want to start, so you can choose between data CD/DVD, VCD/DVD video, audio CD burner and ripper, ISO burner, grabber and builder and disc eraser.
As compared to other burning tools that usually comprise all features in a multi-panel GUI for a quick burning process, Free CD DVD Burner is more focused on its user-friendly side.
That's why Free CD DVD Burner offers you a wizard for assistance throughout the pre-burning process, helping you adjust the configurable parameters and select the files to be burned to disc.
As we mentioned above, you're allowed not only to burn data to disk, but also to erase rewritable media, grab ISO files from CD or DVD, create bootable discs, rip music from audio discs and even retrieve song information from online servers.
Free CD DVD Burner is a fairly straightforward app, but even so, a help section is also available to provide assistance in case it's needed. It doesn't hamper system performance and the burning engine is fast and stable.
All in all, this is the kind of tool that can help rookies make the first steps into the world of burning apps. It requires only basic computer knowledge and although it comprises some features that may scare away rookies, it provides a great amount of information on every built-in feature.
Free CD DVD Burner description
Here are some key features of "Free CD DVD Burner":
· Burn data to discs and update previously burned discs by adding and removing files and folders;
· Rip music from CDs and burn music to audio CD/DVD; Audio CD ripping with CDDB support;
· Quick and easy erase functions for reusing re-writeable discs;
· High disc compatibility; Create ISO image from both existing files and folders;
· Grab ISO file from CD/DVD with ease;
· Ability to create bootable disc;
· Ability to handle larger size data;
· Options summary provided to review all the settings;
· Create lossless files and discs;
· Log of the process info provided;
· Automatically eject your drive after conversion.
· CPU: Intel Pentium 4 (2GHz) or AMD AthlonTM XP 2800+ (2.2GHz)
· RAM: 512MB
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to download or install software or components (such as browser toolbars) that the program does not require to fully function