Softpedia Editor's Review for Acoustica CD / DVD Label Maker
Create your own CD labels and jewel cases with ease and flexibility
Written by Bogdan Popa on February 14th, 2012
Because designing your very own CD labels and jewel cases is quite an important task, Acoustica CD / DVD Label Maker may really prove to be useful, as it provides an impressive bundle of features.
Especially designed to help you in this regard, the application boasts numerous built-in designs and backgrounds, which basically means that you can always rely on these templates to create good-looking designs.
Acoustica CD / DVD Label Maker lets you create disc labels, but also front, back and inside covers. The available options are very impressive and include support for images and text, shapes and backgrounds, but also a dedicated tool to read the content of a disc and automatically place it on the cover.
Of course, you can also use your very own images as background, but additionally the application lets you customize the text items by changing font, text color and opacity, adjust size and position, set text justification, adjust margins and paragraphs, text angle and drop shadow.
If you prefer working with images, you can rotate, flip or edit any photo on the go, but also adjust size and position and cut it while retaining aspect ratio.
Last but not least, Acoustica CD / DVD Label Maker comes with support for shapes, which means you can place multiple shapes on your label and set their colors, add a drop shadow, adjust size and position, set border thickness and choose between multiple modes such as normal, inverted and outline.
Acoustica CD / DVD Label Maker works without a flaw on all Windows workstations and doesn't even take too much of your CPU and RAM.
Overall, this is one of the best CD label and jewel cases creators on the market, providing an impressive pack of features and tons of customization options for all users.
Acoustica CD / DVD Label Maker description
Here are some key features of "Acoustica CD / DVD Label Maker":
· Now supports HP LightScribe direct labeling drives - your search for easy LightScribe software is over!
· Automatically align your printers with the Printer Alignment Wizard!
· Now reads data or backup CDs and creates an instant summary!
· Video DVD / Chapter support!
· Import art from tons of stock graphics or your own photographs
· Automatically import your music playlists such as iTunes or read the contents of your previously burnt CD into visually appealing arrangements. (Also reads MP3 CDs and data CDs and DVDs!)
· Create curved and spiral text!
· Easy wizards help create your CD/DVD/mini CD labels and CD jewel cases
· Supports 99% of stock CD labels and CD jewel case templates!
· Support for the new direct-to-CD printers!
· Support for DVD cases
· Supports Asian fonts!!!
· Supports JPEG, PNG, GIF, TIF, and more, including various digital camera RAW image formats.
· Pentium II-400
· Internet Explorer 4.0 or greater
· 64 MB Ram
· nag screen
· 7 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· when you add a shadow to a new object, it will give it the same settings as the last shadow you created or edited for that kind of object (text, image, or shape)
· fixed a bug that caused shadows to display incorrectly in some cases for images that don't have alpha channels
· shadowized more of the built-in designs
· added support for direct-to-disc printing with the HP Photosmart C309a and C309c
· added a Preview option to the fade-edges-settings dialog
· added a "doesn't overwrite existing design" option to the save-as-design dialog
· added a few new drop-shadow presets
· shadowized a few more designs
· fixed a bug that could cause spine markers on DVD cases to display in the wrong places if users had edited the spine width
· added drop shadow capabilities for images, shapes, and text
· added a fade-edges feature for printable discs