Recovers files from CD, DVD and Blu-ray discs that Windows cannot see properly
CDRoller is a handy and reliable software for CD and DVD data recovery with support of Blu-ray discs (BD, HD DVD) and flash memory cards.
Furthermore, you can also rely on CDRoller to burn your discs or to erase the ones you no longer need.
Here are some key features of "CDRoller":
· Effectively retrieves the lost data from the discs created by "drag and drop" CD/DVD/BD writing software, such as well-known Sonic (Roxio, Adaptec) and Ahead Nero software packages, CeQuadrat's PacketCD, DLA, B's CLiP and others.
· Reads unfinalized ("open", "left as-is") CDs and DVDs, including the discs with Microsoft's Live File system.
· Recovers DVD movies and photos, created by a wide set of standalone devices that record directly onto disks: Hitachi, Canon, Panasonic, Samsung and Sony DVD camcorders as well as standalone video recorders.
· Splits the recovered VOB or VRO video files into a several clips (scenes), automatically converting a "raw" DVD-video into generic MPEG files without loss of quality. Specially tested on the discs, recorded by Hitachi DVD camcorders.
· Burns a new DVD with recovered video that can be played back in the most DVD players.
· Recovers CD data written by Sony Mavica CD digital cameras.
· Retrieves the lost pictures, video and other types of files from flash memory cards, such as SmartMedia, Memory Stick, CompactFlash, xD Picture Card and other flash memory drives.
· Includes a fault-tolerant UDF Reader. Provides direct access to UDF discs, including CDs and DVDs written by old versions of Roxio (Adaptec) DirectCD and Drag-To-Disk. Finds and retrieves accidently deleted files, files located in the corrupted folders, files on incorrectly closed disks, etc.
· "On-the-fly" unpacks the files initially compressed by Roxio (Adaptec) DirectCD.
· Retrieves back up files from the discs recorded in several stages (multisession discs).
· Includes a built-in CD/DVD/BD data burner. There is no need to run third-party CD/DVD/BD mastering software if you wish to burn a new DVD-video disc or backup your files and folders immediately after recovery. The "Burn" option is integrated into a common shell. Just write a new disc with recovered data shortly, without leaving CDRoller!
· Erases CD, DVD and BD re-writable media. Supports quick and full erase methods.
· Examines disc sectors at low level. Displays the sector content in text, binary, hexadecimal or unicode mode. It also scans all sectors of a disc (selected track or file) for particular data. Recommended for engineering purposes and also for law enforcement and forensic investigators.
· Identifies the lost files on ISO/Joliet discs with the damaged file system (volume descriptors, path tables and directories), using the raw data only.
· Rescues the data from scratched, damaged or defective discs.
· Provides direct access to hardware, bypassing the Windows File System. Looks for the lost tracks (sessions) every time when you insert a new disc into the drive. Supports SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD) layer as alternative method under Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7.
· Creates and uses an own image file to manage disc sectors.
· Digitally extracts audio tracks into a wide set of wave formats.
· Tests disc readability.
· Extracts ISO Image file. Burns ISO Image file to a new disc.
· Catalogs files and folders into CD/DVD library.
· All features are integrated into a common and easy-to-use intuitive shell.
· Intel Pentium or compatible CPU
· 256 MB of RAM
· 12 MB free hard disk space for program installation and some additional space for CD/DVD images
· CD/DVD/Blu-ray drive(s)
· Will only test if your files are readable or not, but will not save the files to the destination folder
· 'Split Video' function is disabled
· 14 days trial period
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Tests under Windows 8 Professional successfully completed.
· Russian version of CDRoller 9 issued.
· Numerous bugfixes and workarounds added.