Softpedia Editor's Review for Fox DVD Ripper
An easy to use DVD ripping software application to convert your favorite DVD movies to popular video formats
Written by Elena Opris on August 20th, 2012
Fox DVD Ripper is an application with a pretty suggestive name - it allows you to rip DVDs and convert them to other formats, such as MPG or AVI. It can be easily handled by all user levels.
The interface of the program is clean and pretty intuitive. You can import a DVD by using the file browser or treeview only, because the "drag and drop" method is not supported.
In the list you can check out the output and IFO name, along with number of chapters and duration of the DVD. So, after you specify the output directory and file type, you can proceed with the encoding job.
But you can also select the audio language, angle and subtitle track, as well as split videos by size, change the interface language, set the priority level and crop videos.
Furthermore, you can configure audio and video settings when it comes to the mux rate, quant matrix, rendering, aspect ratio, frame rate, deinterlace filter, luminance, volume, subtitle offset and others.
During the conversion job, you can preview the DVD and check out used size, elapsed and remaining time, along with a progress bar. The video processing tool takes up a moderate amount of system resources, has a good response time, quickly finishes a task and manages to deliver a fair image and sound quality (it could had been a lot better).
There's also a well-drawn help file with snapshots that you can look into. However, Fox DVD Ripper popped multiple errors during our testing and failed some conversions jobs (e.g. DVD-to-AVI). We recommend this tool with some reservations.
Fox DVD Ripper description
Here are some key features of "Fox DVD Ripper":
Convert Batch Mode:
· Convert WAV, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, and WMA files in batches.
· Convert a wide range of DVD files to different formats.
· Select all the files you want to convert and the DVD rip software will automatically convert them one by one or simultaneously.
Rip encrypted DVD movies:
· Rip DVD's to DivX, Xvid, AVI, etc. directly.
· Rip DVD's to AVI, VCD and SVCD MPEG files directly.
· Split videos into desired size.
· Split a large movie into several smaller pieces.
· Add multiple audio tracks, including Dolby® Digital audio. Import assets from a variety of formats and output to DVD, DLT, or DVD-9 with encryption & region coding.
· 30-day trial
· Nag screen
· The ripping will be limited to 10 minutes