The VidCoder application was developed to be a DVD ripping and video transcoding program for Windows. It uses HandBrake as its encoding engine.
Calling directly into the HandBrake library gives it a more rich UI than the official HandBrake Windows GUI.
Here are some key features of "VidCoder":
· MP4, MKV containers
· H.264, MPEG-4, Theora video
· AAC, MP3, Vorbis, AC3 passthrough audio
· Target bitrate, size or quality for video
· 2-pass encoding
· Multi-angle support
· Decomb, detelecine, deinterlace filters
· Batch encoding
· Instant source previews
· Creates small encoded preview clips
· Pause, resume encoding
· NET Framework 4.0
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
Updated HandBrake core to 0.9.9:
· Blu-ray subtitle (PGS) support
· Additional framerates: 30, 50, 59.94, 60
· Additional sample rates: 8, 11.025, 12 and 16 kHz
· Additional higher bitrates for audio
· Same as Source Constant Framerate
· 24-bit FLAC encoding
· Added Windows Phone 8 and Apple TV 3 presets
· Introduced process isolation for encodes. Now if HandBrake crashes, VidCoder will keep running and continue processing the queue.
· Added view modes to the Preview window. Now you can see the image in 1:1 or in "Corners" mode to show a close-up of cropping results.
Overhauled the Options dialog:
· Better, more organized interface
· More options
· Dedicated Updates panel with more information and the ability to check for an update manually
Big update to video range UI:
· There's now a bar you can click to set the start and end: left click to set the start and right click to set the end.
· "Start Seconds" and "End Seconds" have been replaced with editable duration fields with the format 0:00:00 . S...