Softpedia Editor's Review for Xilisoft DVD Ripper Platinum
Rip DVD movies to various video/audio formats, clip/split/merge/edit files
Written by Elena Opris on March 12th, 2012
Xilisoft DVD Ripper Platinum is a tool which enables you to convert DVD files to other video formats, such as AVI, MOV, MKV, MP4, ASF and RM.
The interface of the tool is clean and simple. You can open a DVD from disc or hard drive by using the file browser or the "drag and drop" method.
In the list you can view the duration, number of chapters, status output format and size of the respective DVD.
So, you can select the output profile and destination, and initiate the conversion process.
Additionally, you can preview and split the video, set the output name, as well as configure audio and video settings when it comes to quality, streams, codecs, size, bit rate, frame rate, zoom, aspect ratio, encoding mode, sample frequency rate, channels, and others.
Furthermore, you can merge and trim videos, create a new output profile, specify post task actions (e.g. exit program, turn off computer), set Xilisoft DVD Ripper Platinum to run in the background, use a bit rate calculator, change the interface skin and language, and more.
The program takes up a very high amount of system resources, includes a well-drawn help file and quickly finishes a task without displaying errors. The image and sound quality in the output files is very good.
Too bad the demo version is severely limited. Otherwise, we strongly recommend Xilisoft DVD Ripper Platinum to all users.
Xilisoft DVD Ripper Platinum description
Here are some key features of "Xilisoft DVD Ripper Platinum":
· Capture pictures from DVD movie in batches or take a snapshot in the preview window.
· The converted DVD movies are compatible with iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, PSP, PS3, Xbox, Zune, NDS, Wii, 3GP mobile phones, Windows Mobile, PMPs, etc.
· Transfer the converted files to iPod, iPhone, PSP directly after ripping.
· Clip a title/chapter to extract your wanted parts and optionally merge them into a new title/chapter.
· Split a single file into several parts by preset or custom split mode.
· Group the profiles by multimedia devices and optimize their profile settings according to the devices to make you find the most suitable profile quickly.
· Output multiple output files from one source in one go.
· Customize the output file size with the Bitrate Calculator.
· Retrieve information online: artists’ name, DVD cover, DVD chapters and titles and more.
· Support multi-core CPU processing, multithreading and batch conversion.
· 1GHz Intel/AMD processor or above
· 256MB RAM
· 100MB space for installation
· Super VGA (800×600) resolution, 16-bit graphics card or higher
· DVD-ROM drive
· 3-minute conversion limit
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Support iPhone 4S
· Support multithreading and multi-core processing technology
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to download or install software or components (Bing Toolbar) that the program does not require to fully function