Softpedia Editor's Review for 007 DVD Copy
A software to backup your DVD Video Disk to DVDR(W) disc
Written by Bogdan Popa on May 16th, 2012
007 DVD Copy is a DVD backup software solution that relies on a “one window does it all” approach to target beginners and those more experienced alike.
Thanks to this approach, everything’s pretty easy to use, although there are some built-in options that may require advanced computer experience.
Basically, the whole process comes down to two different parts: source and target.
Users are initially required to input the source DVD, which can be either a disk or a DVD video folder stored on the local disks. The target on the other hand can be a DVD writer and thus back up a DVD straight to a disc, or a DVD video folder, in which case a temporary working folder is needed.
There are no other settings to play with, but it’s worth mentioning that 007 DVD Copy can also work with dual-layer movies, supporting both DVD5 and DVD9 formats with all types of content, be it menus, subtitles and languages.
007 DVD Copy can handle NTSC and PAL discs and all-region discs, which means that it can even remove region protection during the back-up process.
As you can see, you don’t need to be a very advanced computer user to take the most out of 007 DVD Copy, but a help section is also available to make sure you manage to figure out the purpose of each option.
All things considered, 007 DVD Copy does its job in a very user-friendly way, displaying all options in a single window and relying on a pretty fast and reliable backup engine.
007 DVD Copy description
Here are some key features of "007 DVD Copy":
· Real DVD movie clone, absolute the same as the original disk.
· Copy a dual-layer (DVD9) movie into one DVD5 with all the special features, menus, subtitles and languages. Copy DVD to DVD directly
· Support both NTSC and PAL DVD
· Fast video compression engine built-in, copy one DVD-9 movie into one DVD-5 disc within 1 hour (Depends on your PC hardware's speed)
· Dual-layer 8.5GB disc supported, Copy DVD-9 to DVD-9.
· High compatibility, copied DVD disk is playable on both PC and home DVD Player
· Includes high speed and high quality DVD encoder/MPEG-2 encoder
· CPU: Intel Celeron 500MHz or higher
· RAM: 64 MB (minimum)
· Hard Disk: At least 5GB of free disk space
· DVD Writer
· 4 uses allowed
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Speed up for burning.