Softpedia Editor's Review for CDBurnerXP
A powerful burning solution with many features.
Written by Bogdan Popa on February 7th, 2012
Creating backup CDs and DVDs for your data or burning audio and video discs is a common task that can be carried out using a variety of specialized applications. Among them, CDBurnerXP holds one of the top spots and is the burner of choice for many users. The software comes as a fairly light package and installs in a minute, so as soon as the setup is completed, you're ready to go.
The first thing you’ll see when running CDBurnerXP is a tiny window that asks you to select the thing you want to do, so you have to choose among burning a data disc, an audio one, an ISO image, copy data or audio discs or erase a rewritable disc.
Double-click the option you want and you'll get an interface similar to the ones seen in other burning applications, with a file browser and a file manager at hand. The clean and attractive interface of CDBurnerXP is very easy to use, as the developers focused solely on the burning functions.
The actual disc writing process could take a while, but this only depends on the disc and the CD/DVD writer, as well as on the amount of files in the queue and the burning speed you select.
All things considered, CDBurnerXP is definitely one of the best tools for burning CDs and DVDs. It is very easy to use, comes with a very nice interface and is light on computer resources, so it has all it takes to be on anyone's utility belt.
Here are some key features of "CDBurnerXP":
· burn any Data on CD-R/CD-RW/DVD+R/DVD-R/DVD+RW/DVD-RW/DVD-RAM/BD/HD-DVD, including double layer mediums
· burn mp3-CDs to store many audio files on one single disc
· create bootable discs
· verify written Data automatically after burning process
· use either the internal browser to add your files or the intuitive Drop-Box to drag and drop files directly from any Windows Explorer window
· save your compilations for creation of backups
· burn on-the-fly and with buffer-underrun protections
· import previous (ISO 9660) sessions and edit existing file structure on CD/DVD
· quick- and full-erase disc
· copy data discs (possible copy-protection is not bypassed)
· retrieve recorder and disc information
· create Audio-CDs from mp3, wav, ogg, flac and wma files
· add single or multiple tracks from existing audio-CDs directly to your new compilation without ripping tracks before (add cda-files)
· play audio-files with integrated audio player
· gapless audio-CDs supported (disc-at-once-mode)
· import M3U or WPL playlists
· support for ReplayGain
· import CUE sheets
· create mixed-mode discs
· burn ISO files to CD
· create your own ISO files
· convert bin- and nrg-files to ISO
· save CDs/DVDs as ISO file to disc
· simple cover printing feature for data- and audio-discs
· LightScribe integration
· Command line version
· supports most IDE, USB, Firewire and SCSI drives
· integrated option to enable access to drive for restricted users
· multi-language interface
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Adjusted ISO split file name for sorting
· Fixed: Cancel does not work
· Fixed: Disc name is not set when burning data discs per command line
· Fixed: Issues with size calculation
· Fixed: Incorrect disc size descriptions
· Fixed: Adding certain files with similar names fails with an exception
· File names are now automatically renamed to match the file system specifications