Softpedia Editor's Review for FinalBurner
Burn data to CD or DVD
Written by Bogdan Popa on October 8th, 2012
Read an in-depth analysis in our professional review for FinalBurner
For those who need to burn data discs, audio compilations, disc images and so on, there are many alternative one can try. Among those that claim to have all the functions users may need you will find FinalBurner.
If we were to judge just by looking at the spec list, FinalBurner indeed looks like a great app. It can burn data CDs, DVDs and Blu-Ray discs, it has the ability to create audio discs and bootable ones, rip audio CDs, burn ISOs and much more.
Nonetheless, in reality things are a bit more complicated. First off, there's the interface with an unpolished appearance. It has only a few buttons in the taskbar, separate windows for browsing files and CD burning and just a few options here and there.
Secondly, the way in which FinalBurner actually works is less satisfactory that one would expect. During our tests we came upon some application errors, especially insofar as the Audio CD ripping feature is concerned.
In case you need to burn data discs or ISO images, there should be no problems since we didn't encounter any while testing the app.
Operating FinalBurner is not difficult and it offers some simple configurations for building a list of files to be written onto a CD or DVD.
The feature pack it presents is quite good, but, unfortunately, too many errors occur for this to become a viable alternative to other programs similar in function. It may be easy to use, but the shortcomings of FinalBurner would surely deter many users from using it on a regular basis.
Here are some key features of "FinalBurner":
· Burn Data CD/DVD (CD R/RW, DVD+R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD DL, HD-DVD, Blu-Ray, etc.)
· Autorun menu designer
· Burn Audio CD (Import .wav; .mp3; .ogg; .mid; .wma; .aac; .mp4; .m4a; .xm; .mod; .s3m; .it; .mtm; .mo3 audio files)
· Burn Video DVDs
· AudioCd Ripper
· Burn to any type of media (CD , DVD, DVD DL, BluRay, etc.)
· Rip tracks from any audio-CD to wav or mp3
· Burn ISO files to CD
· Create your own ISO files
· CD-RW or DVD-RW drive
· At least 3 MB of free hard disk space for download and an additional 10 MB for the installation
· The NTFS file system is the recommended file system
· DirectX9 runtime
· Windows Media Format runtime (or Windows Media player installed)
· An all-in-one codec pack
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New interface.
· Audio CD: New burn engine.
· Print labels wizard.