Softpedia Editor's Review for ISO Workshop
Fast and easy creation and burning of various types of CD/DVD/BD disc images
Written by Elena Opris on April 17th, 2013
ISO Workshop is a program designed for the creation and burning of ISO files, as the name implies. But it packs other useful features as well.
The interface of the application is represented by a common window with a well-organized layout. So, you can create ISO images from local files and folders, by specifying a name, output directory and type (CD, DVD, Blu-ray disc, Bridge, DVD-Video, or Boot).
Loading files and folders into the workspace is done by using the "drag and drop" functionality. The file list shows the name, size, type and date of modification for each item.
When you want to burn an ISO image to disc, all you have to do is select the destination drive (in case you have multiple CD/DVD writers), as well as finalize the disc (a requirement by most media players) and make it eject automatically when the task is done.
Additional tools of ISO Workshop let you extract files from ISO and other image formats (BIN, NRG, CDI, MDF, IMG, GI, PDI, DMG, B5I, B6I), create a backup by copying a disc to an ISO or BIN image file, as well as convert image types to the ISO format (the ones we have previously mentioned at file extraction). No other options are available through this app.
ISO Workshop runs on a pretty low amount of CPU and system memory, so it shouldn't put a strain on the computer's resources. It has a good response time and completes a task quickly. We have not experienced any problems throughout our testing, since the utility did not hang, crash or pop up error dialogs. All in all, ISO Workshop should please the entire audience.
ISO Workshop description
Here are some key features of "ISO Workshop":
· Make standard and bootable ISO images
· Extract files and folders from disc image
· Copy disc to disc image (including Audio CD)
· Convert disc image to ISO or BIN format
· Burn ISO or CUE/BIN image to disc
· Supports common formats (ISO, CUE, BIN, NRG, MDF, CDI etc.)
· Supports CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, DVD+R DL, BD-R/RE
· Supports verification of written files
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Optimized buffer usage while burning.
· Improved reading speed while copying to ISO.
· Updated sorting feature for better performance.
· Fixed the bug with timestamps in UDF ISO images.
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to download or install software or components (such as browser toolbars) that the program does not require to fully function