Softpedia Editor's Review for Nero 10
The Ultimate 3-in-1 Multimedia Suite for Video Editing, Burning and Backup
Written by Elena Opris on October 29th, 2012
The Nero Multimedia Suite incorporates three major functions into a single package - a burning tool, a backup and restore feature and a video editor.
Since this is a complex program, the application takes a while to install. During this step, Nero offers to install the Nero Ask Toolbar on your system, but this is optional. On the other hand, installing Microsoft Silverlight is mandatory.
Several long minutes later, the full or custom installation should be complete. Each piece of software found in the Nero Multimedia Suite has a very attractive and user-friendly interface.
Nero BackItUp & Burn allows you to back up your files and folders, as well as system information, and easily restore them by making a few clicks.
Here you can either opt for automatic backup, manual backup, drive backup, verification, or task overview. In addition, you can create a disaster recovery disc, as well as synchronize data. For instance, an automatic backup takes a long time to initiate, but also to finalize.
Nero MediaHub offers you direct access to music, photos and videos found in Library. You can create slideshows and playlists, as well as play audio and video files.
With Nero Vision you can create a movie or a slideshow, capture video to hard drive, make a DVD, AVCHD, Blu-Ray or CD. Once again, each task takes a long time to load and complete, but they are done in a professional manner.
For instance, creating your own movies allows you access to video editing tools such as sharpen and blur, pan and zoom, shadow and edges, creative colors, multiline text, and various transitions.
Nero Burning ROM is as professional as ever. Here you can create an audio CD, mixed mode CD, CD Extra, DVD, and others. The burning process takes a little while to complete, according to the configurations you have set (e.g. writing speed).
In conclusion, if you want the complete Nero experience for your files and folders, you definitely need to take a look at Nero Multimedia Suite.
Nero 10 description
Here are some key features of "Nero 10":
Arrange Photos and Videos for High Quality Slide-shows and Movies:
· Easily arrange and edit photos and videos in the storyboard, and personalize with Movie Themes.
Multi-track Video Editing with Complete Keyframe Handling Option:
· Use multiple video graphics and audio tracks for true multi-track editing. Apply Picture-in-Picture effects, animate video, audio and overlay effects, and correct values dynamically by setting Keyframe properties.
Edit and Enhance Photos with Just One Click:
· Easily modify photos to achieve superb picture quality for your personal slideshow or movie projects.
Burn to Disc or Share to Social Communities, Slide-shows and Movies with Unique Premium Menus:
· Add menus to your slideshow projects and burn to DVD, AVCHD or Blu-ray Disc. Or choose the Advanced Authoring option to send your project straight to Nero Vision for advanced editing and authoring.
Quick, Easy, and Secure Disc Burning:
· Drag and drop to burn to CDs, DVDs and Blu-ray Discs, hard drives, networks, and USB devices, and burn oversized files onto multiple discs. SecurDisc technology ensures data readability and offers password protection, encryptions and more.
Fully Controllable, Effective Backup in a Few Easy Steps:
· Fully customize your backup method, whether it’s easy one-click Autobackup, incremental, differential, full or update backup, then back up select files, entire systems or to multiple devices at once.
· 2 GHz AMD or Intel processor
· 512 MB RAM (1 GB RAM for Windows Vista or Windows 7)
· 5 GB hard drive space for a typical installation of all components (including templates, content and temporary disk space)
· DirectX 9.0 compliant graphics card with 3D acceleration, 16-bit color, and a minimum of 128 MB video memory is required (32-bit, true color, 256 MB dedicated video RAM, and support for Shader Model 3.0 is recommended)
· DVD disc drive for installation and playback
· CD, DVD, or Blu-ray Disc recordable or rewritable drive for burning and video authoring
· DirectX 9.0c revision 30 (August 2006)
· Windows Media Player 9
· Third party components such as Microsoft Windows Installer 4.5, Microsoft .NET 3.5 SP1 and Microsoft Silverlight 3 are shipped with the product or automated download if not included in the package
· For some services an Internet connection is required (DSL-1000 and higher recommended). Internet connection charges are the user's responsibility
· 15 days trial
· Nag screen
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Offers to download or install software or components (such as browser toolbars) that the program does not require to fully function: ASK Toolbar
· Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system