Softpedia Editor's Review for Express Zip File Compression Software
Create, manage and extract zipped files and folders
Written by Elena Opris on April 20th, 2012
Express Zip File Compression Software is a software designed to help you compress files and extract content from archives.
The interface of the tool is clean and intuitive. So, you can create a new archive by selecting the files you want to compress.
Unfortunately, you cannot specify the output name and destination every time you create a new archive. Instead, you have to go to "Options" and input the default values there.
In the list you can check out the name, compressed and original size, percentage, path and date of each file that's included in an archive. Extraction is easy - all you have to do is specify the output location.
In addition, you can set the compression level (from fastest to smallest), rename archives and remove files from them, secure your compressed files with a password, split ZIP archives (by size only), and more.
In "Options" you can integrate Express Zip File Compression Software into the Explorer context menu, disable it from prompting when using "QuickZip", select the email sending method (directly or via SMTP server), configure message options (e.g. default reply mail), make file associations, enable to open the folder browser after unzipping, and more.
The software runs on a low-to-moderate amount of system resources, includes a comprehensive help file for beginners, has a very good response time and didn't freeze, crash or pop up errors during our tests.
On the other hand, the features are a little cluttered. Aside from the fact that you have to access "Options" every time you want to change the output location and archive name, the "compression level" feature is placed in the File menu.
All in all, Express Zip File Compression Software doesn't actually come up with something new for a compression tool but we suggest you test it for yourself to see if it fits your preferences.
Express Zip File Compression Software description
Here are some key features of "Express Zip File Compression Software":
· Quickly create new zip files
· Edit or extract existing zip files
· Email zip files in two easy clicks
· Quickly zip common folders with the Express menu
· Burn your archives to a CD or DVD for long term backup
· Simple but powerful user interface
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed take out bottom three options of right click menu on address bar
· Added support to read Zip archives with all kind of code page encoding (Dos, local Russian, Japanese,...)
· Added support for Express Zip to read .bkz files. These are Backup file from FileFort. Hide an index file in archive.
· Fixed EZ cannot open any files under a folder in an archive
· Fixed Extract Selected not possible for sub folders of a .zip file
· Fixed same folder cannot be added twice.....but message shows same folder get added again
· Fixed application crashes while adding C drive
· Fixed version 1.13 is unable to correctly accept password on encrypted .zip with tree structure
· Done reword option to extract zip to new folder in Explorer menu
· Fixed EZ grabs file from temporary directory instead of extracting again, even if archive is newer.
· Done do not disable Encryption button for empty archives
· Done ensure all bubble tips appear 8 times
· Fixed bring back bubble tip over "Add Files"
· Done re...
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Offers to download or install software or components (NCH Internet Browser Toolbar) that the program does not require to fully function
· Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system