Stock Spy is a unique tool that helps you understand the evolution of the stock market. Have you ever seen a stock chart and wondered what made the stock shoot up like a rocket or drop like a rock?
The application clearly displays the news and company events which cause the price movements - directly on the chart. Stock Spy shows you relationship the between stock news and stock price.
Stock Spy's unique NewsChart system simplifies stock research. NewsVolume charts allow important company events to literally, "pop up". You see at a glance how news buzz of a stock has changed over time. You can select a time range with your mouse directly on the chart and narrow your focus to the selected news.
Stock news headlines are automatically displayed for your selection and the full story is always one click away. Stock Spy includes smart: filtering, highlighting and categorization of news. Stock Spy's FinanceTerms system works with NewsCharts to highlight import types of stock news events.
FinanceTerms analyse the stock news for key terms (For example: "Upgrade", "Analyst", "SEC Filings" etc.). FinanceTerms let you mark each occurrence of these categorized news items directly on the chart so you can pinpoint when certain types of events happened and what impact they made on the stock.
Stock Spy keeps you updated with the latest news related to your stocks with Stock Spy NewsAlerts on your desktop. You are notified about important news which can make you quick profits or save you from devastating losses.
Here are some key features of "Stock Spy":
Find what you need: Live news list search:
· Pinpoint exactly what you are looking for. Filter large sets of feed data by keyword as-you-type. With live filtering you can quickly spot analyst upgrades/downgrades, SEC filings, earnings reports, all articles from a specific source, company/industry specific keywords or filter by any other keyword imaginable. You can save useful filters to reuse in the future.
Exclusive! RSS NewsChart technology:
· Is the only application that lets you see exactly when news happened and how it affects your investments. StockSpy generates an interactive bar chart with the size of each bar representing the number of news items for that day! News from different sources is color coded to make it simple to identify where the news came from.
Powerful Stock charting tools:
· Create charts of any size & quickly access to vital chart statistics with dynamic mouse hover overlays.
· Dig deeper with direct access to full news stories. You can easily read news stories in your web-browser by selecting them in the StockSpy graphical user interface.
· Free unlimited access to stock price and volume data.
· Free unlimited access to news feeds for specific symbols from top-tier news organizations: Yahoo! Finance, MarketWatch & SeekingAlpha.
· Free unlimited technical support.
· Free unlimited number of upgrades for life to new versions of StockSpy.
· CPU 1GHz minimum
· 128MB RAM
· Highspeed internet connection
· Java Runtime (downloaded at setup)
· Charts are available for a preset limited number of stocks.