Create, extract and manipulate Zip, RAR, TAR, GZip, 7-Zip and other file archives
Since jZip is ad-supported, you should pay attention when installing it. It offers to download some additional tools that it doesn't actually need to work properly, as well as to make some changes to your web browsers.
The interface of the application is simplistic and easy to navigate through. Creating a new archive is seamlessly accomplished. All you have to do is set its name and format, and select the files you want to compress.
In the list you can view the name, type, size, ratio and packed value of each file. Plus, you can mail an archive or view its properties.
Additionally, you can password-protect a compressed file, test it, as well as split or merge it with others. Extracting from an archive is easy, since jZip is integrated in the Explorer context menu.
In the "Configuration" menu, you can set files associations and the temporary folder path, disable shell extension and change the appearance (e.g. toolbar, view).
The program uses a low amount of system resources and finishes a task in a short amount of time without popping up any errors. Our tests run smoothly (it froze only once, when we attempted to select the "Mail Archive" option).
Unfortunately, jZip doesn't let you configure advanced settings for archives (e.g. compression method and size), but that's because we're talking about a program that offers a straightforward solution when it comes to compressing and decompressing files. We strongly recommend jZip to all users.
Reviewed by Elena Opris, last updated on August 26th, 2013
our in-depth analysis
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version beta build 188.8.131.52977
- Added "webmail compression tool" - compresses file attachments on-the-fly.
- Fixed a bug in which the shell context menu wasn't shown, when working on 64bit operating systems.
- Fixed text cut issue on the "action" stroller (in "add files" dialog), under windows 2000.
- Fixed issue with wrong text being displayed, when clicking on "more" button on the "add files" dialog.
Application descriptionjZip is a simple application designed to create, extract and manipulate Zip, RAR, TAR, GZip, 7-Zip and other file arch...
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
- Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
- Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
- Offers to download or install software or components (such as browser toolbars) that the program does not require to fully function