Softpedia Editor's Review for Nova Clock
A customizable analog clock.
Written by Bogdan Popa on April 5th, 2012
Nova Clock is a freeware analog clock designed to stay on your desktop and show the current time.
While the application doesn't comprise skin support or various color themes, it allows users to tweak the interface by changing several parameters such as shadow and text.
And even if this could sound very appealing for those with a bit more computer knowledge, tweaking Nova Clock's is actually more difficult than you'd be tempted to believe, mostly because it doesn't adopt an intuitive and straightforward approach.
One the other hand, Nova Clock supports transparency and you can easily adjust it by right clicking the clock on the desktop, with several predefined values at your disposal.
What's more, it comes with a so-called “Click through” feature that ignores mouse clicks and thus stay on the screen without affecting your work.
Last but not list, Nova Clock comes with time zone features, with support for up to five profiles for each clock.
It's more or less obvious that Nova Clock remains a basic software solution, so it's no surprise that it works so smooth regardless of the Windows version installed on a specific computer. It runs on low resources, which means it doesn't affect system performance at all.
All things considered, Nova Clock is nothing more than a simple analog clock and although it provides several customization options, a much more user friendly approach is absolutely needed. It does boast an online customization tutorial, but this didn't work during our test.
Nova Clock description
Here are some key features of "Nova Clock":
· Fully customizable - Build you own clock by adding a bitmap face, clock hands, slices, shadows or text or add features to existing skins
· Transparency - All elements of the clock can have different transparency levels. Transparent PNG files can be used.
· Thru'click & stay on top - Set your clock to be transparent for your mouse clicks but always visible and never feazing.
· Analog vs. digital - Create analog or digital clocks or mix them as you like
· Unlimited "clock works" - Add different clocks simultaneously showing different times/dates
· Time zones - Up to 5 adjustable time zones in one clock
· Process priority - Adjust the process priority of your clock to use the processor's idle time or set it up to run most smoothly.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This new version never expires and has fixed some minor bugs.