SnapTimer is a simple, very useful countdown timer. A popular productivity strategy is to use a timer to do mini-sprints of work. Using SnapTimer one can increase his/hers productivity and reduce procrastination. It's easier to get yourself to work on a difficult task for 5 minutes because there's a known end point.
Here are some key features of "SnapTimer":
· Simple, clean interface
· Displays time in the taskbar, as a hint in the tray and even in the right-click menu of the tray icon.
· Tray icons indicate the mode of the timer (running, paused, completed)
· Multiple alert types - message box, tray icon popup, audio file and any application
· Stopwatch mode when you set minutes to 0
· Play an optional ticking sound while the timer is running
· Countdown can be paused and restarted, or reset
· Portable (runs from your USB flash drive)
· Can stay on top of other windows
· No install required
· Low RAM usage
· Can automatically start counting down immediately
· Includes over 20 loop-friendly alarm sounds (Meaning they'll play over and over until you reset the timer)
· Can automatically restart timer when it finishes
· Lets you quickly and easily change the countdown time with mouse or keyboard shortcuts
· Automatically saves all settings (optional)
· Accepts time as command line argument, so you can create preset timer shortcuts or run the timer from a launcher (FARR, Launchy).
· Can be minimized to tray
· Supports multiple instances (You should disable always on top and probably autosave settings as well)
· Can be docked to a corner, in the center or restore the last screen location
· No internet access required
· Doesn't write to your registry