Give your desktop a personal look by changing the default Windows icons. You can also modify individual icons of drives and folders to be able to recognize their contents easily.
Icons are one of main parts of the Windows interface. Customizing them can make your desktop look better and can also improve the usability, because you can make it easier to recognize items.
Using the IconTweaker theme system, designers can share their icons with other people. IconTweaker has an open theme format that can be extended using plug-ins. If you created an IconTweaker theme for your icons, you can be sure they can be used by everyone.
Many themes with beautiful icons are already included and ready to use. Plug-ins allow you to customize additional icons. They can be installed by opening them in your browser or by clicking Manage Plugins on the Tools menu. All plug-ins require IconTweaker 1.1 or later.
Here are some key features of "IconTweaker":
· Customize Icons & Cursors - You can customize all icons on your desktop, folder icons, drive icons, network icons, file icons and cursors.
· Themes - The theme system allows you to apply a set of icons at once.
· Theme Archives - You can use the Theme Archive Builder to create a compressed file that contains themes with all the linked icons. These archives can be distributed to other computers.
· Icons for Individual Folders & Drives - Easily remeber the content of a folder or drive by using custom icons.
· Icon System Settings - Customize the way Windows loads and displays icons.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Support for installation as a restricted user on Windows 2000/XP
· Solved problem with Unzip.dll
· Fixed reverting of shortcut arrows on Windows 98/Me
· Standard icon for My Pictures etc. is now always displayed correctly
· Windows 95 is no longer supported