Using Input Director, you will be able to position the monitors of your systems side-by-side and then control all of them via one keyboard/mouse.
Input Director is a Windows application that lets you control multiple Windows systems using the keyboard/mouse attached to one computer. It is designed for folks who have two (or more) computers set up at home and find themselves regularly sliding from one system to the other (and wearing out the carpet in the process!).
With Input Director, you can share a single keyboard/mouse across a set of systems. You switch which system receives the input either by hotkey or by moving the cursor so that it transitions from one screen to the other (in a very similar fashion to a multi-monitor setup).
Input Director also supports a "shared" clipboard, in which you can copy data onto the clipboard on one system, transition across to another and paste.
Here are some key features of "Input Director":
Easy to Use:
· Easy to follow installation and usage guides - setup only takes a few minutes
Tell Input Director how your monitors are positioned simply by dragging them to the correct spot on the monitor grid:
· Multi-monitor support
· Shared Clipboard - copy and paste between computers (including files!)
Manage all your computers at once:
· Simultaneously lock all computers
· Synchronise the screensavers across your computers
· Synchronise shutdown of your system (or individually configure whether a computer goes to standby, hibernate or shuts down)
· Encrypt network data between Input Director controlled computers using AES with a 128, 192 or 256bit key
· Lock down the Input Director configuration so that only Administrators may make changes
· Systems can limit which master systems can control them by host name or network subnet
Ripples surround the cursor for a few seconds after transitioning to help the eye follow the cursor from one computer to another:
Transitioning using the mouse can be setup to occur:
· Immediately when the cursor hits the edge of the screen
· If the screen edge is double tapped by the cursor
· If the cursor momentarily pauses at the edge of the screen
· Can be configured to limit transitions near the corners of computer monitors to avoid accidental slippage between systems
· Can also set a key (or keys) that must be held down to permit transitions between systems
· Hotkeys can be setup to switch control to a specific computer or move to the next computer to the left or right
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed a bug that could cause keys on the slave to remain depressed
· Minor bug fixes