Softpedia Editor's Review for MAGIX Slideshow Maker
This application allows you to simply create digital slideshows
Written by Elena Opris on May 24th, 2012
MAGIX Slideshow Maker is a software with a pretty self-explanatory name - it allows you to create a slideshow from images.
The interface of this program consists of a clean and eye-catching wizard in which you can follow a few simple steps.
So, you can get started by specifying a project name and image format (standard or widescreen). Plus, you can set MAGIX Slideshow Maker to automatically cut to fit the monitor.
Once you import images by using the file browser (the "drag and drop" method is not supported), you can rotate them and set the display duration per photo.
Furthermore, you can select a style template or create a custom one by adjusting the intensity, fades (e.g. cut, crossfade, 3D) and effects (e.g. camera pans, zoom, rotation, distortion).
But you can also add background music and set the volume, as well as configure the properties and title (e.g. adjust the slideshow length to music or viceversa, process videos, input opening and closing credits). Once you have previewed the results, you can save them as a video file (in the WMV format), share on your online album or publish online on YouTube, Facebook and other social media platforms.
The program takes up a very high amount of system resources, has a very good response time (other applications don't run slower in the background), includes a well-written help file with snapshots for beginners and quickly creates a slideshow. No errors have occurred during our tests. We highly recommend MAGIX Slideshow Maker to all users.
MAGIX Slideshow Maker description
· Intel or AMD Athlon processor 1 GHz or higher
· 512 MB RAM, 100 MB hard drive space for program files, min. 1 GB for video files
· SVGA graphics card with min. 32 MB RAM, (min. resolution 1024 x 600, 16-bit high-color)
· Microsoft compatible mouse
· 7-day trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
New user interface:
· The user interface of Slideshow Maker 2 has been completely revised and is
· sure to impress you! As a result, the program is even easier to use than before.
Properties & titles:
· Now it's even easier to customize your slideshows: with the title editor you can
· add opening and closing credits in no time at all. You can also adjust the
· slideshow to the length of the background music in order to avoid irritating
· silences. This also works the other way around.
Upload to Flickr and Facebook:
· Share your slideshows with the largest possible audience – the whole world!
· By uploading your slideshows to social media platforms such as Flickr® and
· Facebook you will reach millions of users worldwide – all it takes is a click in
· Slideshow Maker 2.
Adjust the intensity of fades and effects:
· How would you like it? Do you want the effects in your slideshow to appear
· frequently? Do you want the transitions to be more subtle? The frequency of
· fades and effects can ...
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to download or install software or components (MAGIX Ask Toolbar) that the program does not require to fully function