Softpedia Editor's Review for Wallpaper Slideshow Pro
Powerful and Automatic wallpaper changer
Written by Elena Opris on January 16th, 2013
As its name implies, Wallpaper Slideshow Pro allows you to create a slideshow of wallpapers that can be applied to your desktop. It can be seamlessly handled, even by inexperienced users.
The interface of the application is based on a standard window where you can import images by using either the file browser, tree view or 'drag and drop' function. But you can also import content from plain text documents.
The file queue displays the source path of each item, along with the default group it belongs to. So, you can make the wallpapers change at a specific time interval defined in seconds, minutes, hours or days. These can be automatically applied at system startup.
Additionally, you can use a picture for the whole desktop, make it appear tiled or centered, automatically resize or fit the screen, as well as alter the default background color into any custom value.
Wallpaper Slideshow Pro comes with an impressive amount of customization options. Thus, it can smoothen the wallpaper transition, display a frame around the images, randomize the wallpaper sequence and show a calendar, just to name a few. Plus, you can manage plugins, reconfigure keyboard shortcuts and create groups.
The straightforward software program runs on a low amount of system resources, is pretty responsive to commands, and includes user documentation. It did not cause Windows to freeze, crash or pop up errors during our testing. Power users who are looking for various desktop customization methods can surely get a kick out of Wallpaper Slideshow Pro.
Wallpaper Slideshow Pro description
Here are some key features of "Wallpaper Slideshow Pro":
· User friendly interface with full context-sensitive help
· Displays an unlimited amount of images
· Displays images randomly or sequentially
· Supports JPG, GIF, PNG, TIF, BMP file formats.
· Can change wallpaper automatically after a specified time period (e.g. every 60 minutes)
· Can change wallpaper on every Windows startup
· Automatically resizes images to fit your screen size, it has advanced options to limit resize of small images or to fill the screen without distorting images.
· High quality image resize (bicubic with prefilter)
· Can use a different background color for each wallpaper
· Use a system tray icon for an easy control of the software
· Ability to hide your Windows desktop icons
· Display a preview of selected wallpapers
· Multi monitor support. Each monitor can have a different wallpaper or a single wallpaper can be spanned on all monitors.
· Smooth wallpaper change using a dissolve transition effect
· Can display custom captions with Exif,IPTC,XMP metadata support
· Can overlay on wallpapers a monthly calendar
· Can save/restore desktop icons positions
· Hotkeys to quickly change wallpaper or start the screen saver
· PlugIns support
· Easy install/uninstall
· 30 days trial
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New: Added comparison operators to the rating based filters
· Fixed: Hotkeys for some keys like PageUp or PageDown can't be set correctly
· Fixed: Sometimes when a game exits from full screen mode and restores the previous screen size the change is not detected