WinMac is a free software application allowing Windows 95, 98, NT4, 2000, and Millennium users to add a Macintosh-style menu bar to their system.
WinMac is written in Visual Basic v5.0 by Michael Mallory.
It is currently capable of mimicking System 7, Mac OS 8 and 9, Mac OS X Server, and Mac OS X Aqua menu bars.
- Better optimized the menu system code
- Includes WinMac System Profiler 1.1
- Kernel version now reports 5.2 and 5.1 for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP, respectively.
- Fixes a bug in Service Pack 1 that prevented the Window menu from properly updating
- Added Windows Server 2003 recognition (Windows Server 2003 support has not yet been verified)
- Force Quit... menu in Mac OS X Aqua and Mac OS Brushed Metal view now opens the appropriate Task Manager.
- Mac OS Brushed Metal view bar has an improved 3D appearance
- Creates a Go folder to correct the error that occurs by selecting "Go to Favorites" when the Go folder does not exist.
- Contains updates from 4.9.1 Beta 2 Build 336
- Added space between menu options in OS X Aqua and Mac OS Brushed Metal view.
- Fixed some issues introduced in Beta 1
- Contains updates from 4.9.1 Beta 1 Build 335
- Includes new Mac OS Brushed Metal view bar.
- Contains updates from 4.9.0 Service Pack 2a Build 333
- OS X view Go menu is now operational...