Softpedia Editor's Review for iColorFolder
Change the icon and color of your folders
Written by Bogdan Popa on February 18th, 2012
Read an in-depth analysis in our professional review for iColorFolder
IColorFolder is a very easy to use application designed to change the color and the icon of any folder on your computer.
Although Windows already comes with some folder customization tools, allowing you to change the icon of a specific folder, IColorFolder does much more than that, all through a very easy to navigate interface.
The configuration process is just basic but all users have to do it, mostly because IColorFolder comes with multiple built-in skins and choosing the default one is a must.
The main window is very, very simple and shows the currently installed skins, as well as a preview to see the new folder icon. You can also enable the generic folder icon defined in each skin or use one of your own by providing the path to the source folder.
Once you hit “Apply” it's all a matter of seconds to change the icon of any folder. Just right click the folder and you have the “Color Label” option that gives you the power to change the color in a matter of seconds.
Although it places an entry in the Windows Context Menu, IColorFolder doesn't slow down the computer at all, but we've discovered some problems during our test. While the app works flawlessly on Windows XP, not the same thing can be said about Vista and 7 as it manages to load, but it doesn't make any modifications to your system.
All things considered, IColorFolder is a nice folder tweaking tool, relying on a very user friendly interface and basic configuration settings to target all types of computer users.
Here are some key features of "iColorFolder":
Organise your files more easily:
· With iColorFolder, give some color to WindowsXP folders. With just a right-click, colorize your folders, and discover a new intuitive way to classify your files. A quick view is now enough to identify the folder you are looking for.
Classify your folders by Family:
· You can now classify your folders by Family. Red is an Important folder, Orange is Urgent, Green is Familial... Choose the attributions that you like, so you'll never delete an important folder by error.
A fast and light tool:
· iColorFolder is a very light soft, that doesn't stay in memory. It uses a native functionality of WindowsXP to be more efficient. Discover it's simplicity : with a single right-click on a folder you colorize it ; the necessary and only the necessary.
· iColorFolder is bundled with four apparences : the default apparence of WindowsXP folders, a Mac OS X skin, Agua skin and a Vista skin. If your system is already customized with shellpacks like WinOSX, you'll keep the same folder apparence. You can find other skins on the Web or even easily create one yourself.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed: Change of the file type icon, broken in 1.4.1
· Removed: "Change drive icon" feature, too buggy