Schedule automated folder cloning tasks and customized data backup actions
FolderClone is designed to provide fast, flexible and easy synchronization, backup, mirroring and replication tasks for your important files.
FolderClone can work with your local hard drives or you can schedule backup to external storage devices, such as removable drives or flash memory cards.
FolderClone arranges your synchronization needs in sets of "tasks". A task is a set of specifications that tells FolderClone what files/folders you want to be copied, where you want them copied, and how often you want this done.
Once configured, FolderClone monitors the "source" folders for changes or updates and copies new or changed files to the "target". This process runs automatically in the background without any further user-interaction required.
Here are some key features of "FolderClone":
· Easy to use, Interface for simple creation and maintenance of synchronization tasks.
· Four file comparison methods: Date/Time, Size, Contents, and CRC32
· Uni-directional synchronization, replication, mirroring of data from Source folder to Target Folder
· One-to-many synchronization is supported. One Source folder may be synchronized with multiple Target folders.
· Uses native operating system APIs for scanning directories and copying files for optimum performance.
· Assembly Language routines are also utilized for blazingly fast execution.
· File copy only occurs if target files are actually different than the matching source file, reducing file transfer requirements.
· Multiple Copy Options: Including the ability to maintain the source file's create time stamp, and a Safe Copy option which ensures that the target file is not deleted unless the copy operation is successful.
· Loads at Windows Startup and resides in the System Tray
· Interval options include: Manual, Every Few Minutes, Every Few Hours, Every Few Days, Only On Selected Days, First Day of Month, and Last Day of Month.
· Can Ignore the FAT/NTFS time stamp issues of "2 second difference" and "daylight savings time difference"
· All synchronization activity and errors are logged. Or optionally, only errors are logged.
· Log size limit can be determined by user
· Scheduled synchronizations can be paused
· Folders can be compared and an HTML-formatted report generated
· Batch execution of multiple synchronization tasks in a user specified order
· Password protection is available for Administrators
· CPU: 486 with at least 66 MHz
· RAM: 4 MB
· HDD: 4 MB
· 30 day trial