GEDCOM Validator is a handy utility that you can use to verify the validity of your GEDCOM files. Errors may occur in their content due to the fact that there are differences between the way that each genealogy application creates the GEDCOM file.
This application checks the GED file, in order to view whether they adhere ro the GEDCOM specification or not.
Here are some key features of "GEDCOM Validator":
· Checks GEDCOM 5.5 and GEDCOM 5.5.1 files
· Binary Large Objects Decoder
· File statistics
· Save detected issues to your PC
· File type icon for GEDCOM files
· .NET Framework version 4.0
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
New features and enhancements:
· Support for GEDCOM 5.6 (not GEDXML).
· Grammar corrections.