Softpedia Editor's Review for MSN Explorer
A better way to connect: faster, safer, and smarter.
Written by Giorgiana Arghire on June 14th, 2012
If you are new to the Internet world, you might find it easier to manage all your tasks within a single application. In other words, it is more comfortable to work within the same environment no matter if you want to explore a webpage, send an email or start a chat conversation with one of your friends. This is precisely the goal of MSN Explorer.
Featuring an intuitive and well-structured interface, this application permits you to create an account for each family member, thus preserving their privacy and keeping their links neatly organized.
When setting up their Hotmail account (as this is the only type of service this tool supports), you need to specify the username and password only once, during configuration – once all the details are completed, you can start sending email messages without any other interference from the app.
In addition to these functions, you can set up reminders for sending certain messages at the time you choose or you can send emails on a regular basis. Unimportant incoming messages and spam can be sent directly to Junk so you can focus on your Inbox messages.
Using the same Hotmail account, you can also login to the chat section of MSN Explorer, add your friends and begin conversations within the same window. Furthermore, you can keep track of appointments and meetings, organize them into a calendar and make sure they do not overlap.
The browser comes with all the basic functions you might need, including creating bookmarks so you can access your favorite pages at a later time, with a simple mouse click.
All in all, MSN Explorer can help you efficiently manage your business mails, contacts and meetings, while also storing all your multimedia files and monitoring the stock.
MSN Explorer description
Here are some key features of "MSN Explorer":
Get started fast:
· Low impact installation: Easy and safe download with a streamlined setup process.
· Simple sign-in: Sign in with MSN Explorer and you are automatically connected to MSN Hotmail, the MSN Messenger service, and MSN Calendar so that you no longer have to retype passwords.
· Easy switching: Convert your Internet Explorer favorites and contacts from Outlook Express when switching to MSN Explorer.
· Guided tour: Interactive tour of the features in MSN Explorer will help get you up and running quickly.
· No need to retype things you've done before with smart technologies such as AutoComplete for Web addresses, e-mail names and passwords. Powerful search tools take mistyped words and even the time of year into account when generating results, to help you hunt less and gather more.
Watch or listen to rich media while you browse the Web:
· Listen to music or watch a video while browsing the Web or using E-mail - without opening up separate programs or windows! Windows Media Player provides leading performance and supports a wide range of popular formats, including Windows Media and MP3.
Discover your own world of music:
· The new free MSN Music service provides the easiest way to discover music based on your tastes. Using simple search tools you can listen to radio stations that play music that "sounds like" your favorite song, artist or album or find music to match your mood. There's a broad range of music styles and a high quality listening experience.
Create your own Web site, photo album, or Web community:
· The integrated MSN Custom Web Sites service makes it easy to create your own site on the Web, from photo albums and file cabinets for storing files such as Microsoft Office documents, to full-fledged Web communities.
Manage your personal finances:
· Keep track of accounts, pay bills online and receive financial advice with the award-winning MSN MoneyCentral service.
· Research and compare products and purchase online from hundreds of merchants using the integrated MSN eShop service.
· Computer and processor: Windows-compatible computer with an Intel Pentium 500-megahertz (MHz) or faster processor (800MHz recommended).
· Memory: 128 (megabytes) MB or more of RAM (256 MB recommended).
· Hard disk: Up to 320 MB of hard disk space needed to install--after install, up to 180 MB may be needed.
· Display: 256-color VGA or higher resolution (SVGA or higher resolution graphics card, 800 x 600 screen resolution recommended).
· Sound: 16-bit sound card and speakers recommended.
· Internet connection: 28.8 kilobits per second (Kbps) or faster modem
· Other: Mouse or compatible pointing device recommended.