Softpedia Editor's Review for 123 Web Messenger
A web (browser) based instant messaging software
Written by Mihaela Citea on March 31st, 2012
123 Web Messenger is a web-based messaging program that allows you to chat with people around the world. Nevertheless, it is more than a simple chat client, as it is designed to help you add IM functionality to your website.
The program can be integrated into any content management system and customized to fit your website’s appearance. It seamlessly integrates the existing database of your website and offers users the possibility to make new friends, keeping them active and connected.
In order to do that, you can add either a chat bar or an invitation button to your webpages, which allows users to initiate private conversations with others.
In addition to this, 123 Web Messenger gives you the possibility to let users download a desktop application. This works just like a standard instant messaging program, offering multiple profile customization options.
Both the web-based and the desktop application include two sections: the 'Online' list and the friend list. In the 'Online' section, a list of all the available users is displayed and private conversation windows can be initiated.
The chat invitations can be accepted or declined, but accepting the invitation moves the interlocutor to the friend list. The program also features a black list, designed to block others from sending invitations.
More than one chatting window can be opened at the same time and users can make conversations fun by using emoticons and changing the window theme. Moreover, 123 Web Messenger includes video chatting and file transfer options. The conversation history is stored online, enabling users to review it anytime they want.
The application promises you full control over the messaging component of your website, allowing you to manipulate the ‘Add friend’ button, control the guest login box and enable users to view one another’s profile or edit their own.
123 Web Messenger is designed for webmasters who want to make their website interactive between users and create a true IM community.
123 Web Messenger description
Here are some key features of "123 Web Messenger":
· User initiates one-to-one chat with other user, on the same website.
· The opponent has a choice to accept or decline the invitation in the site messenger.
· The invitation box will pop up from the webpage cause the code was embeded there invisibly.
· One user can start multiple private chat with different users simultaneously.
· Highly compatible: 123 Web Messenger integrates your existing database, so the users don't
· bother to register or login again. All users are automatically logged into the web messenger system by default.
· The "invite chat" button can be embedded to anywhere on your website, totally up to you.
· Pure flash client, the end chat users don't need to install or download anything to use chat.
· Chat client is cross-platform, very user-friendly.
· Stable and reliable, low bandwidth consumption.
· End users can get attention and add more fun to chat using avatars, smiley/emotion facility.
· Sound notification.
· Font style/ Font color.
· Video chat facility, optional.
· End users can chat behind firewall if you run the chat on port 80.
· The demo version will cut the connection to the server every 10 minutes
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Guest Login is allowed;
· 1 to1 webcam chat & File Transfer is added;
· update automatically.