Softpedia Editor's Review for EatCam Webcam Recorder for Yahoo Messenger
Record webcam audio and video while chatting.
Written by Bogdan Popa on March 2nd, 2012
EatCam Webcam Recorder for Yahoo Messenger is a tool that does exactly what its name suggests: it records Yahoo Messenger webcams and saves the output on local disks using popular video formats.
The interesting fact is that EatCam Webcam Recorder for Yahoo Messenger is more than a tool aimed to be used with Yahoo Messenger, as it can record not only the webcam window in this popular instant messaging app, but also other areas of the screen.
There are three different options at your disposal, namely full screen, free area by hand selection and a selected window, as well a separate mode for recording local webcam.
Additionally, EatCam Webcam Recorder for Yahoo Messenger lets you take screenshots and save them on your computer as JPG, BMP, PNG, GIF or TIFF files.
The recording can be exported in any of the following formats: AVI, FLV or WMV, each coming with various settings concerning the video and audio quality.
Another good thing about EatCam Webcam Recorder for Yahoo Messenger is the hotkey support, which means you can start a new recording, pause or stop an existing one or take a new screenshot by pressing a pre-defined key combination.
EatCam Webcam Recorder for Yahoo Messenger runs on low resources and works like a breeze on all Windows iterations, without even asking for administrator privileges on Windows 7.
Simply put, EatCam Webcam Recorder for Yahoo Messenger is a tool that does its job and provides all the options you need when trying to record a video conversation. It can be safely installed by all types of users, as it adopts an intuitive approach.
EatCam Webcam Recorder for Yahoo Messenger description
Here are some key features of "EatCam Webcam Recorder for Yahoo Messenger":
· Work with Yahoo! Messenger that supports the Webcam feature, including Windows Live Messenger .
· Export of recorded streams to AVI format.
· Record both audio and video streams.
· Audio can be recorded from any source, including microphone, line-in, or speakers.
· Real time compress the webcam streams so to make the output media files smaller and not occupy too much disk space.
· Easy to record and playback.
· Pentium-II 450 MHz or a faster processor
· 64MB of RAM
· 800 x 600 screen resolution with 256 colors