Tell us about an update
| User Rating:
Very Good (4.2/5)
Softpedia Editor's Review for JAJC
ICQ-like Jabber client designed to run in any Windows environment
Written by Cristina Jitaru on September 16th, 2013
JAJC is a practical and reliable software solution that provides you with the capability of communicating with users that follow up other instant messaging systems such as AIM, Yahoo Messenger, Skype or MSN.
The main window of the application is quite intuitive and the menus are well-organized. The first step that you need to complete is to select the server you want to connect to, add a new account with a personalized username, then connect with your friends.
Just Another Jabber Client, or simply JAJC aims to help users send and receive messages, start chat conferences, as well as to transfer files no matter the chat software they are using.
Because it is developed on a XML (Extensible Markup Language) messaging architecture, the previously mentioned application provides you with a straightforward communications protocol for message-oriented middleware.
Although JAJC might refer to the original name of XMPP (Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol), the utility uses an open system approach of development, by which anyone may implement this service and interoperate with other organizations' implementations and applications.
Nowadays, the development of chat software got further than we can even imagine and people who use smartphones with embedded messengers are limited by these kind of applications. Also, we are all aware that developers designed plenty of utilities that support free calls and messages but none of them do not support other mobile phones than those they were designed for (for example Blackberry Messenger).
Therefore, JAJC comes in handy for users who need to chat with their friends and send files without being limited of time, money or applications. Also, the utility supports smiles and URL detection in messages, chats and conferences, traffic compression and bookmarks.
All things considered, JAJC can be very useful when you need to chat with other people that use a chat software different than yours. It supports the basic features and behaves the same as an average messenger.
Here are some key features of "JAJC":
- Sending and receiving messages :)
- Unicode in messages, chat, groupchat & roster
- User search
- Black list
- File transfers
- PGP support (PGP v6.5.x - v9.x)
- Native IMs icons
- Smiles and URL detection in messages, chats and conferences
- Jabber browsing
- Proxy support (S4, S4a, S5 & HTTP)
- Notes (aka Sticky notes)
- Custom presences
- Notification's popups
- SSL support
- NTLM login
- Traffic compresion
- Minor changes with private messages handling
- Some discovery problem
- Some HTTP Proxy problems
- Some problems with unescaped values
- Some components update
- Fixed some 'jabber:x:data' troubles
- Minor changes in Today's correspondents window
- Massive icons updates
- Fixes in handling "xmpp://" url's
- Some changes with "nicks from vCards"
- NTLM proxy authorization
- Minor fixes in item hints
- Minor improvements in connection info window
- Minor fixes in smiles handling
- Minor changes in groupchat
- Minor fixes in vCard window
- New hotkey: Mute
- New "Preferences->Popups->Popup groupchat private messages" option
- Minimizing chat, groupchat and dock forms by clicking taskbar button
- Fixed problem with TAB chars
- Minor changes in roster groups hints
- New main menu item: "Mute"
- Minor fixes in vCard window
- Don't hide offline users with unreaded messages
- Close/next message on ESC in read message form
- Problems with illegal symbols in Jid and history storing
- Problems with HTTP Proxy authorizat...