Jeti is a Java Jabber client that can support most chat features such as file transfer, group chat, emoticons, and formatted messages. It can be used as an application or as a Web applet. Jeti is built with a small core extended with plugins, so only the features that are necessary are loaded.
Jeti consists of a main program and several plugins, you can build Jeti with the inculded ant build file in the buildfiles directory. You can also build the plugins seperatly with the provided buildfiles.
You can deploy Jeti on three different ways, they all use the same sourcecode. The applet version doesn't need the nu.fw.jeti.ui.login package and the other versions don't need the nu.fw.jeti.applet package. The webstart and Applet need to be signed to connect to a different server then the one they were started from you can do this with the java jarsigner tool included with the JDK.
Jeti consits of several packages:
· backend This package consists of the low level network interface and the main class (Start)
· backend.roster contains the roster handling code
· events All kinds of events that can be used to be notified of jabber events
· images The standard Jeti images and some roster icon handling code
· jabber The core jabber packages, including the Backend class
· to communicate with the rest of Jeti
· jabber.elements The different jabber stanzas as Java classes
· jabber.handlers The Sax xml handlers for the Jabber stanzas
· plugins The different plugins and plugin management
· ui The core user interface
· ui.login The login interface
· ui.models Some Swing models
· util Some utilities, including a non model popup,the I18N class and the Preferences
Here are some key features of "Jeti":
· Plugin Based, activate only the features you need.
· Basic chat and messages.
· SSL security and Socks proxy.
· Message logging.
· Formatted messages.
· Meta contacts, contacts with the same name will be bundled.
· Can register and update transports (MSN AIM Yahoo etc).
· Groupchat alert, get alerted when something interesting is said.
· Tabbed or windowed mode.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Whiteboard plugin (Jeti only, not based on a Jep)
· Translation with altavista babelfish
· Color messages plugin
· Sort rooms based on number of people
· Various other bug fixes and minor improvements