Pidgin-Encryption (formerly Gaim-Encryption) 3.1
A pidgin plugin that NSS to provide transparent RSA encryption
- Automatically creates a public/private key pair for you upon loading the plugin
- Automatically transmits your public key to other users.
- Supports 512 - 4096 bit keys.
- Saves keys of known users, and warns you if their public key has changed.
- Embeds all encryption and keys inside HTML, so if the other user doesn't have the plugin, they will get a little message telling them about the plugin, and won't get a screen full of garbage.
- Stores keys in human readable files in your .gaim/.pidgin directory, in case you ever need to copy/edit them by hand. Which you really shouldn't have to do.
- Automatically recognizes if you are chatting with someone who has the plugin- see the Preferences dialog.
- Available for the Windows version of Pidgin.
- Modular and extensible. If you want to define a different type of encryption, you can use this plugin as a wrapper to take care of transporting the encrypted binary over the IM pipe.
Pidgin-Encryption (formerly Gaim-Encryption)
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- If HTML is being stripped out of headers (for AIM)
- now fall back to non-HTML headers. Hopefully will avoid
- problems when AIM servers start breaking HTML again
- Moved smiley file (crypto.png)