Softpedia Editor's Review for Streaming Video Downloader
Save videos from websites to your computer
Written by Bogdan Popa on June 21st, 2012
Streaming Video Downloader is a professional tool that allows users to download clips from online video sharing services as they watch them.
The whole idea behind this program is actually very good: Streaming Video Downloader monitors your browser and as soon as you load a video, it prompts you to start the download.
The app comes with support for the most popular browsers on the web, which include Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera and Safari.
Plus, it uses a rather user-friendly interface, with all essential download details presented right in the main window, such as time, file name, source IP, size, received, speed, completed, remaining and elapsed.
A comprehensive configuration screen is also available, letting you choose the connection to monitor, buffer size, timeout and refresh rate, but it’s more important to note that Streaming Video Downloader can save the clips on your disks in various formats.
If FLV isn’t quite your cup of tea and you agree to pay for the full version, Streaming Video Downloader can use the AVI format too.
Furthermore, the application can save clips in MP4, MOV, WMV and RM formats, with an auto-saving option to perform the whole downloading task automatically and avoid opening any prompt.
Streaming Video Downloader is quite a light app when it comes to hardware resources, running smoothly on all Windows versions.
All things considered, this is one of the easiest to use tools designed to download videos from the Internet, providing not only a clean and helpful GUI, but also a very fast downloading engine.
Streaming Video Downloader description
Here are some key features of "Streaming Video Downloader":
Save Flash FLV, Silverlight, QuickTime, Real Videos:
· Nowadays the most popular video format on the Web is Flash video served as FLV/MP4, however other types of videos are also common, including: Microsoft Silverlight served as Windows Media Video - WMV, Apple QuickTime served as MOV, and RealMedia served as RM/RAM. Streaming Video Downloader lets you save all these types of videos*!
Saves High Quality videos as MP4s:
· YouTube and other video websites now offer the ability to watch videos in High Quality (HQ) mode. The physical dimensions of the video, color depth, and other settings are significantly better in HQ modes. This is why you should save HQ version of a video if it is available.
Supports all the versions of all the available browsers:
· As long as you can watch a particular video in your browser, you can save it with Streaming Video Downloader! Thus, the program supports Internet Explorer 5+, Firefox 1+, Google Chrome, Opera 8+, Safari, Netscape, and others!
Saves videos from protected websites:
· The problem with URL-based downloaders is that they simply do not work for password-protected videos and websites! Only Streaming Video Downloader can save such protected videos.
Supports 99.9% websites that feature videos:
· In a great majority of cases, as long as the website offers videos in the video formats supported by the program, you can save it!
· What's really nice about this product is that it requires only very few system resources.
· Make your saved videos accessible to portable devices
· You can easily save videos in the AVI format, provided you have the right codecs installed, so you can watch them on various portable devices, like iPods, smart phones, media players, etc.
· NET Framework 2.0
· Internet connection
· Limited to 5 downloads per session, and 6MB per download (Flash videos that exceed this size limit will be saved only partially).
· Does not allow you to save Flash videos in the compressed AVI format.
· Does not allow you to convert videos
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added support for saving live video streams and broadcasts
· Added support for Adobe RTMP flash streaming video
· Added support for Adobe HTTP Dynamic Streaming video (f4f and f4p video files)
· Added YouTube Video Downloader that allows you to save multiple YouTube videos in one batch and download entire playlists - all with friendly names and in the video format of your choice
· Support for 3D YouTube videos (mp4 and webm formats)
· Improved save video dialog that clearly shows video type and several options
· Automatically suggested video titles based on active browser tab or window: instead of "Video #3" an actual meaningful video title is suggested as the file name
· Improved autosave. You can now toggle auto save functionality from the toolbar or by pressing hotkey combination. When enabled, you will not see video prompts, and all videos will be saved automatically to the folder of your choice.
· Improved video conversion. It is now possible to automatically convert Flash flv videos to either ...
| ||Softpedia guarantees that Streaming Video Downloader 220.127.116.11 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |