Softpedia Editor's Review for GetGo Download Manager
An application that will increase the speed of your downloads.
Written by Elena Opris on March 18th, 2013
GetGo Download Manager is a tool that you can use to transfer files from any online source. Its abilities are best seen when handling large amounts of information.
The user interface of the software is resembling that of other similar solutions, so you will easily find your way through it.
In the "Downloads" panel you can view downloading, queued, failed, stopped, pending, scheduled, completed tasks, categories and history.
Plus, you can check out information about a specific task in the "Properties" panel (e.g. percent completed, output directory, category, priority, time start, remaining and elapsed), while you can get a preview of the specific file.
You can start a new downloading task by inserting the URL, file name and output destination, along with the download behavior (start manually, immediately, scheduled). You can also select a category, set the priority, split number, comment, as well as input user login information.
The same method applies to batch downloads and leech downloads. Also, you can import and export URLs and change the interface theme. In the "Options" menu, you can configure the application and download behavior, URL integration, connection and proxy/firewall settings, categories, scheduler, passwords, sounds, and more.
GetGo Download Manager uses a small amount of system resources, comes with a comprehensive online help file and manages to complete download tasks faster than other similar tools (at least when it comes to large files - e.g. 1.44GB in roughly 18 minutes).
All in all, this software is a great download manager and we strongly recommend it to all users, especially since we haven't come across any problems during our tests.
GetGo Download Manager description
Here are some key features of "GetGo Download Manager":
Integration and Ease of Use:
· IE toolbar integration: a GetGo toolbar that is integrated in to your browser for fast and easy downloading.
· Tree list view with state based categorization of your downloads; now you can prioritize, sort on status, and assign user-defined categories to any download
· Enhanced IE integration: Launch from IE using a button or context menu.
· Resume support: resume stopped downloads (on supporting servers).
· Enhanced account management: GetGo maintains a list of Login Accounts so you can easily access your favourite sites.
· Download notification: GetGo will notify you when your download is complete.
· Import and export URLs: you can import or export your database of URLs.
Enhancement and Support:
· Image preview: Display your downloaded images in GetGo Preview Pane
· Proxy Support: Download all your files through an HTTP or FTP proxy. Enhanced drop window with tooltip and bandwidth graph.
· Download list: Advanced management of downloads, queues, priorities and statuses
Customization and Interface Features:
· Customizable toolbar: Create your own toolbar buttons, show or hide the standard language bar or a language bar of your choice, and arrange buttons for more convenient access to all the features GetGo offers.
· Interface themes: 7 new themes to choose from for your GetGo window layout. You can also setup your own color scheme for GetGo.
· Dockable windows: re-configure the section of the GetGo window the way you want.
· Details pane: Details information for downloaded and downloading files.
· Bandwidth pane: GetGo displays the bandwidth you are using when downloading files.
· Updated Firefox Add-on to support Firefox 3.x GetGo now integrates with Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape, and Flock! The installer will attempt to install into firefox automatically, however if a problem exists or you want to install manually, drag the GGMoz.xpi file into your browser (which is located in the GetGo program files directory).
· Option to shred the downloaded files completely when you delete them from the disk in GetGo.
· Virus check: Scan your downloads using GetGo and your favourite anti-virus software
· Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher
· Intel Pentium 4 - 1GHz or higher with 512 MB RAM
· 50 MB free disk space and a TCP/IP connection to the Internet.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Updated to be compatible with latest YouTube site change (February, 2013)
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Displays ad banners or other types of advertising material during its runtime