HP SoftPaq Download Manager (SDM) provides quick access to SoftPaq information for HP computers without having to specify a SoftPaq number. The software works by reading and downloading a published database file containing computer model and SoftPaq information.
Using this tool, you can easily search for SoftPaqs by computer model, and then download, unpack, and install the SoftPaqs.
With the help of HP SoftPaq Download Manager you'll be able to stay up to date with the latest software releases from HP that apply to your system!
Here are some key features of "HP SoftPaq Download Manager":
· Search for, download, and install SoftPaq updates for your computer.
· View available and downloaded SoftPaqs for your computer.
· Create configuration files and specify search parameters for multiple configurations to help you manage SoftPaqs for multiple computers with various configurations.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Updates HP System Software Manager (SSM) to version 2.13A3, which enables the use of the /noreboot feature. When you use this feature, SSM ignores requests from individual SoftPaqs to reboot the system.
· Adds support for dragging and dropping configuration files from Microsoft Windows Explorer into the HP SoftPaq Download Manager, eliminating the need to type the filename or select the file from the list. NOTE: See the Help file for more information about the use of Configuration files.
· Updates the HP SoftPaq Download Manager to prevent firmware updates from being automatically installed by SSM. To ensure that they work correctly, both BIOS and Firmware SoftPaqs must be installed manually.
· Introduces new "unpack" options that affect how HP SoftPaq Download Manager behaves when unpacking files from the download directory. Now users can select a directory for unpacking files that is different than the download directory, can separate unpacked SoftPaqs by category and SoftPaq ID, or c...