HP SoftPaq Download Manager 18.104.22.168 REV. A
Add it to your Download Basket!
Add it to your Watch List!
What's new in HP SoftPaq Download Manager 22.214.171.124 REV. A:
- Updates HP System Software Manager (SSM) to version 2.13A3, which enables the use of the /noreboot feature. When you use this feature, SSM ignores requests from individual SoftPaqs to reboot the system.
- Adds support for dragging and dropping configuration files from Microsoft Windows Explorer into the HP SoftPaq Download Manager, eliminating the need to type the filename or select the file from the list. NOTE: See the Help file for more information about the use of Configuration files.
- Updates the HP SoftPaq Download Manager to prevent firmware updates from being automatically installed by SSM. To ensure that they work correctly, both BIOS and Firmware SoftPaqs must be installed manually.
- Introduces new "unpack" options that affect how HP SoftPaq Download Manager behaves when unpacking files from the download directory. Now users can select a directory for unpacking files that is different than the download directory, can separate unpacked SoftPaqs by category and SoftPaq ID, or can separate unpacked SoftPaqs by category and SoftPaq name.
malware send us
- LICENSE TYPE:
- FILE SIZE:
- 8 MB
- OUR RATING:
- DEVELOPED BY:
- Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L...
- USER RATING:
- C: \ Internet \ Download Managers
Of course, the Windows Update service does its job for the things that Microsoft can take care about, but in the end, for any other software present on your computer, you need another tool (if not a whole set altogether) to make sure it is always updated.
As support sites tend to get more sophisticated, so does the search function within them. Sometimes, it takes forever to download the software you need from them and that is quite a big problem, and this is not just the case with Hewlett Packard.
What HP SoftPaq Download Manager does is facilitate the connection to particular pieces of software that you need in order to ameliorate your work. The rather intuitive graphical user interface of the program also helps you get the software you want faster.
The application automatically detects the computer model that it is deployed to and filters software for this specific PC within the dedicated category - ‘Show This Computer’. This way, it assures you of rapid access to the things you need and want to install on your computer.
Moreover, by going to the ‘OS Filter’ tab section of the ‘Configuration Options’ window, you can select for which operating systems should the program look for compatible software. The same you can accomplish for languages within the dedicated area.
All in all, HP SoftPaq Download Manager is a handy and a good to have at your disposal application. Although it may not be tempting enough for some users, HP SoftPaq Download Manager has its fanbase and it is used to a degree in the HP community.
HP SoftPaq Download Manager was reviewed by Alexandru Pintilie, last updated on November 26th, 2013
Runs on: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 7 64 bit