Softpedia Editor's Review for Orbit Downloader
Download social music/video and rapidshare; Super light, faster, easier to use
Written by Bogdan Popa on December 20th, 2011
Any computer that it's connected to the Internet constantly uploads and downloads data, even if you're not aware of it. Downloading means getting that desired content from the Internet onto your PC. You may come to learn that there is a smart way to do it and it usually involves a certain piece of software - the download manager.
By default, the installation operation brings changes to the homepage of your browser and also offer third-party software to be installed and this is why the application is marked as Ad-supported on Softpedia.
Orbit Downloader promises to make the whole download process a bit easier, offering an impressive bundle of features supposed to greatly improve speeds. Developers claim that the application's based P2P and multi-source technology increases the speed by up to 500 percent. While this may be the case on poor connections, our tests proved that things remain pretty much the same as in the case of other download managers.
The interface of Orbit Download looks very clean and simple, which means managing downloads is theoretically a rookie job. The main window comes with all the common functions needed to handle a download, including the usual start, pause, stop, delete buttons plus some extra features such as scheduler and file renaming.
There’s a rich settings menu as well, with tons of features that allow you to customize virtually every single bit of the application, including the interface and some of the functions. You can, for example, customize the way Orbit Downloader interacts with your browser, as it can work with most popular programs out there including Firefox, Maxthon, Opera, Netscape and Google Chrome.
This particular download manager enables users to opt for Clipboard and Browser monitoring as well as the 'GetIt' buton for quick and easy downloading of webpage various media. It can also automatically turn off your computer once the downloads finish, hang up the dial-up connection or just exit to increase the available Internet bandwidth for other applications.
Overall, Orbit Download stands as a good solution for those who look for a powerful yet very light on system resources download manager.
Orbit Downloader description
Here are some key features of "Orbit Downloader":
Super Light - micro-sized and resource-friendly:
· Orbit Downloader is written with efficiency in mind, it typically uses less than 3MB of memory and 3% of cpu when downloading. Additionally, the installation package is less than 1.6MB.
· Orbit Downloader is based on p2p and multi-source downloading technology, which make you download files up to 500% faster than before.
· Orbit Downloader supports most of file-sharing service websites, including megaupload, badongo, sendspace, yourfilehost, uploading, filefront, 4shared, turboupload, depositfiles, filefactory, more....
Easy to Use:
· Orbit Downloader has a simple and clear user interface. It is easy to use and config for both newbies and professionals
· 64 MB of RAM
· 6 MB of free disk space
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fix : some error when downloading file.
· Improve: Add "Grab Url"
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Displays ad banners or other types of advertising material during its runtime
· Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed on the system
· Offers to download or install software or components that the program does not require to fully function: Grab Pro and OpenCandy