Tell us about an update
| User Rating:
Softpedia Editor's Review for VSO Downloader
Download internet videos with automatic video detection
Written by Elena Opris on March 19th, 2012
VSO Downloader is a program that automatically detects and downloads video clips that are playing in your web browser.
The interface of the application is simple and intuitive. To get started, make sure that streaming monitoring is enabled. The moment you load a video in the web browser, VSO Downloader will automatically start downloading it.
In the list you can check out the name, progress, downloading speed and size of each video.
Furthermore, you can set the clip to be converted to the MP3 format (in low, medium or high quality), as well as enable VSO Downloader to keep the source files after conversion.
In addition, you can download videos from YouTube in HD quality (by specifying the URL and output destination), view a log file, open the output directory and rename videos.
Plus, you can configure the program when it comes to the interface theme and language, default output directory, accelerator and retry settings, ad blocker, filters, network adapter, and others.
VSO Downloader runs on moderate-to-high system resources, includes a well-drawn help file with tutorials and snapshots, and quickly downloads a video without freezing, crashing or popping up errors. The image and sound quality is excellent.
All in all, VSO Downloader proves to be a great tool for downloading videos from the Internet and we highly recommend it to users of any experience level, since it is very simple to work with.
VSO Downloader description
Here are some key features of "VSO Downloader":
- Streaming detection:
- detects and downloads video files with any browser
- no need to copy and paste urls - media is detected automatically
- rename files as you are downloading
- Ad Blocker:
- detects ads and does not download them
- Extra Light:
- Uses the least amount of system resources possible at all times
- Uses less than 5MB of memory
- Only uses 2% of CPU when downloading
- It does not affect you as you are using your computer at the same time.
- Installation package is less than 3MB
- High Speed-Download:
- Download accelerator engine
- Robust Multithread algorithm to download the files in mulitple parts creating 1 complete quality file
- Multi-protocol support:
- Support HTTP, HTTPS protocols
- VPN & Proxy:
- It supports all main VPNs and proxy servers
- Compatible with SOCKS5 protocols and HTTP
- Resume downloads:
- A resume function starts the download from where it left off
- When the downloading process is interrupted, you do not need to start from the beginning again.
- Compatible with any web browser:
- VSO Downloader works independantly from web browsers, so therefore it works with all of them, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, and more.
- Limitation for advanced protocols, including RTMP (downloads 50% for non registered users)
- Cannot record online radios
- File size limit for stream recorder
- Watermark on converted videos
- Cannot convert to high quality MP3 format
- No priority support
- auto rename improved (based on the whole socket)
- network engine synchronized with developer Wesson's code
- issue 0006840 fixed: streaming monitoring error
- issue 0007266 fixed: if user requests to download update app closes